My amplifier install on a 2016 CX-5 bose with a PAC AOEM-MAZ2 adapter

Dnut999

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring
I wanted to install an amplifier to my CX-5 without having to cut any wire harness. Luckily I found some information from another forum "Mazda3revolution.com" on how someone had used the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 adapter on his 2015 Mazda 3 Bose with great results. The adapter plugs into the Tuner Amp Unit (TAU) behind the glove compartment. After installing the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 adapter, I can confirm that it does work for the 2016 CX-5 equipped with the bose system.

Heres are some pics of my install.

suvu5z.jpg

2eodwxw.jpg

The sticker behind the package.

6f8ow1.jpg

open the glove compartment to get to the TAU unit. Unhook the little damper on the right side and push in both sides of the compartment to open the latch all the way to the ground.

b55tas.jpg

TAU behind the glove compartment.

20p272g.jpg

Unplug the white harness and plug it into the orange clip on the PAC. Use the white harness from the PAC to plug back into the TAU.

255tguv.jpg

Not pictured, is the other end of the PAC with two sets of RCA outputs(front/rear) and a blue remote wire. I used the front outputs for the subwoofer amplifier and turned the input level on PAC to the max setting.

Now for the amp install

nmg8qa.jpg

remove the battery and cut a hole in this rubber grommet to run your power wire. This was hardest part of the amplifier install as the rubber grommet is very thick and was a PITA to run the power wire through the firewall.

vdyyx.jpg

Fused power wire connected to the battery terminal

iqik90.jpg

Power wire from the interior and ran along the driver side of the vehicle.

1xytr7.jpg

remove the driver side kick panel by turning the screw by hand and gently pull the panel off.

14uggph.jpg

Behind the kick panel are two bolts and I used one of them to ground my amplifier. Remember to sand off some of the paint to ensure a good ground connection.

mhfxw3.jpg

The amplifier was installed underneath the driver seat. To remove the seat you would need a Star/Torx size E14 socket to remove the 4 seat bolts.

2mxo8eb.jpg

Unplug the airbag/motor harness. Start by pulling up the white tab. Underneath the white tab is another side tab used to unplug the harness.

13z5nc1.jpg

drc7zc.jpg

2wec5td.jpg

The RCA cables and the remote wire were ran along the passenger side of the vehicle, under the seat, and through the underside of the center console. Remove the plastic cover and screws on both sides of the center console. You will then be able to lift the console just high enough to run the RCA cables and remote wire through to the other side.

ao59wz.jpg

141hy5x.jpg

To avoid any heat issues from the amplifier being under the seat, I used a small box to extend the vent. Its not much but any hot air will be guided out and away from the amplifier.

op1ggo.jpg

finished product.

Back