Amplifier install on 2016 CX-5 Bose with PAC AOEM-MAZ2 adapter

So does anyone have pics or a how to of the Kenwood KSW11 installed?

I still havent added the amp yet but the other week my wife mentioned that she was having issues with her ignition button giving her problems when she parks and wont shut down or some weird thing happening. I told her to record it next time it happens.

Anyone have a link to a TSB? Sometimes its easier to get things done when I drop a copy of the TSB on the service writers desk.

I still havent added the amp yet but the other week my wife mentioned that she was having issues with her ignition button giving her problems when she parks and wont shut down or some weird thing happening. I told her to record it next time it happens.

Anyone have a link to a TSB? Sometimes its easier to get things done when I drop a copy of the TSB on the service writers desk.

Check this. https://www.cars.com/articles/2013-...mp=6147338-_-12307984-_-iqm9t1vnn5000aao032od

An earlier post of mine reported delayed shutdown, but I'm pretty sure now it is related to the installation of the PAC module and nothing to do with that TSB given that my model year isn't included and the behavior is not the same as described in it.

I temporarily disconnected the PAC module earlier this week and the problem went away; reconnected and it was back again.

In any event, so far just an annoyance (a few extra seconds in the vehicle awaiting full shutdown and the interior lights to come on--and that's only really a problem at night) with no other or bigger issues noted.

Hmmm.....just a wild supposition, but the thought just occurred to me if perhaps the delay some of us are seeing is built into the PAC module, to allow shutdown (power removal) for the add-on devices ahead of the actual vehicle shutdown...?

Very nice write up! I used that PAC in my 2014 Ford F150 and it worked well. Tested it against my Audio Controls Lc2 and they were comparable sans bass eq. I used a DQ-61 for my CX5, which is a line driver with time alignment and EQ. The Lc2 would fix that factory EQ at 45 hrz or you could use bass boost on the amp to fix that too. Those PAC's put out a decent 4 volts through the RCA's, which is very nice.

This is a great write up! I have a 2016 6 with bose. Would anyone happen to know if this will work the same on it?

I used a DQ-61 for my CX5, which is a line driver with time alignment and EQ. The Lc2 would fix that factory EQ at 45 hrz or you could use bass boost on the amp to fix that too. Those PAC's put out a decent 4 volts through the RCA's, which is very nice.

Neither accubass on audio control products, or bass boost on an amp will fix the factory rolloff. It's just not that simple. Accubass boost from about 50 hz to about 125 hz if I remember right. The rolloff starts around 50hz on the Bose system in the cx5. So accubass is not going to do to much help below 50hz. You will end up with a muddy peak in frequency response. Not to mention clipping the amp. Same goes for bass boost on amps. That boost is usually centered around 45 or 50hz. So all you will do is create a nasty peak around that frequency,and again, cause clipping. To fix the factory rolloff, you can get a new headunit, or install an external equalizer that can eq down to 30 or even 20hz. Bass boost features are gimmicks. People think that the bass is gonna be great because the amp comes with a bass boost. I would never recommend anyone to use the bass boost unless your factory rolloff is much higher. Maybe 80hz or 100hz. But in most cases, bass boost will do more harm than good

So how bad is the roll off? The reason for a subwoofer is "SUB" bass. I already have the amp kit and the PAC and was set to do it this weekend, now IDK if it will be worth the effort.

Any review yet on that kenwood KSW11 sub? I'd like to add one on soon but would like your thoughts on if it enough bass or not

Finally getting around to doing this in my 15 6 with Bose and on the right id the Bose amp. I've looked all around and can't find any place to connect this. I'm seeing people on the Internet saying it works but I can't find out how to connect it.

Any remedy for the delayed shutdown after installing the Pac aoem-maz2? I am considering Pac aoem-maz2 since I am not happy with the input signal for may sub getting from the front Bose speakers.

Other than the bass roll off, I didnt have any ignition issues since installing the PAC adapter. Hopefully the others member who have installed the adapter can also chime in.

I'm finally going to do this on our 14 for a mothers day present. Almost a year ago I commented about the ignition issue I was having(that was without installing the PAC) turns out it is a defective part so I believe it has absolutely nothing to do with the PAC unit.

Extended warrarnty covered that and a defective bluetooth mic.

I have no ignition issues and not really much bass roll off

Now one thing I never thought about was that my gain is really high, was guessing input of this device low. Now re-reading the first post it says "I used the front outputs for the subwoofer amplifier and turned the input level on PAC to the max setting." How did you choose to have the amp run off those outputs & there is an input level knob on the PAC?

With my hooking up the remote wire was a bit of a pain and Im weary of removing the headunit to see the PAC fearing the remote will disconnect and I won't have enough wire to reconnect cleanly (used a butt connector)

Our Bose system has a 9" woofer in our front doors which was why I used the front outputs. I did try both the front output and the rear output and it didn't seem to make a difference.

For the input levels, if you look at the first very picture of this thread you can see the 4 four holes where a screw driver can be used to adjust the gain.

Back