Cost to Add Navigation to a CX-5 Sport?

revhappy

:
Mitsubishi Evo VIII, 2016.5 CX-5 Sport Soul Red
I am looking to buy a CX-5 Sport and a dealer quoted me $600 extra to add to a CX-5 Sport. Is this normal? When I priced it on Edmunds it did not include this extra $600.

Dealer is gouging you on the price - no way it is $600. Search the forum threads on nav...many are less than thrilled w/the lack of real-time traffic updates.

Dealer is gouging you on the price - no way it is $600. Search the forum threads on nav...many are less than thrilled w/the lack of real-time traffic updates.

Is Navigation included in the Rear Camera package? The Edmunds TMV pricing indicates its includes in the $400 Rear Camera package. If not, what would be a price they should charge for the SD card?

Edit: Looks like you can buy on Amazon for $275:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Depends on model year... $500-$600 is not unusual for pre-2016's. A hardware module has to be installed.

Personally I'd save $575 and get a phone mount and use Waze.

The built in navigation isn't worth it when your phone can have far superior navigation.

Depends on model year... $500-$600 is not unusual for pre-2016's. A hardware module has to be installed.

Personally I'd save $575 and get a phone mount and use Waze.

It's for a new 2016.5.

With the sport the 16 didn't come with the backup camera/ infotainment system. So for 16 it is a upgrade now the 16.5 comes standard with it but to get the nav card it is a additional $400.

Back