Back from stay abroad with a few EDM interior parts

Primergy

:
2006 Mazda 5
Returned from a holiday trip to Germany, visiting family.
Prior to flying over I already bought the fancy M5 armrest and the 2-din stereo bezel + metal fastening kit, so I just had to stow the parts for the trip home.

P5290007_resize.JPG

The armrest (Mazda# 4100-78-510) was a bit of a surprise. Yes, it has a Mazda part number but there is also some information on the company who produced it.
I did not suspect a Swedish company known for aftermarket parts behind it.

P5290009_resize.JPG

Maybe this helps finding better prices. There is no North American distributor/re-seller listed but you can also contact them directly.
http://www.armrest-systems.com/MLC310_Eng
Installed mine in 10mins. Feels great, I can adjust the angle with a rotating knob under it. If need be, storage fits my cell-phone.

The bezel for the stereo (Mazda# C29155210A for the silver color) is of great quality but you are required to also purchase the metal brackets (Mazda# CR01-V6-025) for ~18Eur in order to install a new system.
It will be a bit until I install it as I suspect I need a new climate control unit. My air recirculate action does not work, also no light to indicate it. (I suspect it is within that part?!)

Hi Primergy,
How was the experience with the wide armrest? Is it wide enough so that both the driver and the passenger could comfortably put the arm on it?

Back