Mazda CX-5 2013, Automatic Gear Shifter with CX-2015, HOW????????

aman1033

:
Mazda CX-5 Toruning 2013
Hi,
I have very interesting question

I have Mazda cx 5 2013, and I do not like style and look of my Gear shifter

2014-mazda-cx-5-grand-touring-gear-shifter.jpg

I saw Mazda cx5 2015 gear shifter and its so awesome, i would like to change my Mazda cx5 2013 gear shifter with Mazda cx5 2015

2015-mazda-cx-5-gear-shifter_9620_087_640x480.jpg

2015-Mazda-CX-5-shifter.jpg

Now my question is

---- is it possible to change gear shiftier of 2013 with 2015
---- so hard is that?
---- and whats the cost of mazda cx5 gear shifter

FWIW, our 3 has the new style of shifter and I prefer the older version. It feels more solid and the notches have a larger engagement zone. I'm always mis-selecting reverse in the 3.

I don't think it would be an easy job. The new gear shift lever has a linear movement while the one you have moves on different ways. Is the gear lever mechanically connected to the transmission or is it fly-by-wire? If its the latter you would need to change the entire module. If its mechanically connected you would need to change the entire mechanism.

I don't think it would be an easy job. The new gear shift lever has a linear movement while the one you have moves on different ways. Is the gear lever mechanically connected to the transmission or is it fly-by-wire? If its the latter you would need to change the entire module. If its mechanically connected you would need to change the entire mechanism.
I thought I only have to buy cover of shifter and swap with current gear shifter, lol
I did not thing about whole system

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I can't fault my 2016 car shifter, its the first auto I've ever owned and using manual mode or selecting drive and reverse could not be easier.

The first version looks like hard work to me.

Looking through some old threads this shifter change may have occurred on the late '14s. The schematic above may have an old reference picture but actually be the new part.

Just speculation but there might a chance that replacing just parts 3/4/5 might be possible. Not sure on the new version if moving is just restricted by the plastics. The manual area of gates looks the same. Notice the gated piece just snaps off the top.

s-l1600.jpg

Just speculation but there might a chance that replacing just parts 3/4/5 might be possible. Not sure on the new version if moving is just restricted by the plastics. The manual area of gates looks the same. Notice the gated piece just snaps off the top.

s-l1600.jpg

Hi Thank-you so much, if I only have to change 3/4/5 that will be awesome, $20 for parts and now i have to find guy who can do this thing for me, i will ask Mazda Dealer about that

No problem..remember... just speculation so try to confirm with someone in parts before ordering.

Hi,
I have very interesting question

I have Mazda cx 5 2013, and I do not like style and look of my Gear shifter

2014-mazda-cx-5-grand-touring-gear-shifter.jpg

I saw Mazda cx5 2015 gear shifter and its so awesome, i would like to change my Mazda cx5 2013 gear shifter with Mazda cx5 2015

2015-mazda-cx-5-gear-shifter_9620_087_640x480.jpg

2015-Mazda-CX-5-shifter.jpg

Now my question is

---- is it possible to change gear shiftier of 2013 with 2015
---- so hard is that?
---- and whats the cost of mazda cx5 gear shifter

Hi i'm a owner CX-5 2014 from asia, Are you successful change Mazda cx5 2013 gear shifter with Mazda cx5 2015 ?

The 'new' one may look better but the gated one is the (boobs) in operation- just don't look at it..ain't that right CD?

The 'new' one may look better but the gated one is the (boobs) in operation- just don't look at it..ain't that right CD?
Damn straight. So intuitive.

I can "no look" slam it down into any gear. R, N, D. Doesn't matter. I bet if I had the new shifter I'd skip over some on accident trying to "no look" it.

Last edited:
Damn straight. So intuitive.

I can "no look" slam it down into any gear. R, N, D. Doesn't matter. I bet if I had the new shifter I'd skip over some on accident trying to "no look" it.
(iagree) I dont mind to have the gated shifter in my CX-5. If I had one, I wouldnt want to change it.

I had a 2013 CX5, and now a 2015. I can't even remember what the shifter was like on the '13, so apparently it didn't bother me. Maybe a posted picture of a '13 would remind me.

Back