Clutch Cylinder Replacement

cukaracha

:
Mazda 2 Sport
Hi all,

I'm pretty sure my 2011 Mazda 2 Touring clutch cylinders are shot. In other cars I've worked on, there is usually a master and slave cylinder. However, I can't seem to find a replacement master cylinder for this car. Is there only a slave cylinder?

Also, how do I bleed the clutch since the brakes and clutch share a common reservoir? I've only worked on cars with separate reservoirs.

Yes, the master cylinder is inside, under the dash behind the top of the clutch. Mazda replaced my leaking one under warranty. I looked around, and you may have to get it from a dealer. I wonder if this is becoming a common problem that is leading to a shortage of parts.

There is bleed valve on the slave. One bit of info: the clutch pedal does not have a return spring. When person A depresses the clutch, and person B opens the bleed valve, the clutch relaxes and B closes the valve. The clutch will remain on the floor, and A will have to pull it back up. I replaced my brake fluid before going out for a track day.

Be careful about the fluid line. The dealership could not get mine to re-seal, and they had to replace that too on a second visit.

Thanks for the info. With regards to bleeding the clutch, I should bleed at the slave and top up at the shared reservoir? I'm concerned about any air bubbles in the clutch system potentially affecting the brakes. Is this a valid concern?

Thanks for the info. With regards to bleeding the clutch, I should bleed at the slave and top up at the shared reservoir? I'm concerned about any air bubbles in the clutch system potentially affecting the brakes. Is this a valid concern?

Impossible to put air in the brakes from bleeding the clutch. The reservoir has chambers that separate all the circuits slightly should one lose all fluid.

Back