Salesman Said 2017 3 Will Have the Head Unit in the Dash

mtnbiker26

Bike Geek
My mom picked up her brand new CX-5 at the dealer yesterday and she mentioned to the sales guy that her son (me) wants a 3 but won't buy it because of the way the infotainment unit sits on top of the dash. He told her that a lot of people have complained about it so the 2017 will have an in-dash head unit. Hopefully it's a standard double-din and not spread out all over the car so folks can go aftermarket if they ever need/want to.

I have no idea if this information is accurate and the fact that the CX-3 was recently released with the same infotainment unit as the 3 makes me think that Mazda isn't planning to change it.

Given the fact that the Mazda 3 interior won Car & Driver's "best interior in its class" and that the protruding screen is very much like Audi's and other German vehicle's layout, I would guess that most people like it. I find that the closer the screen is to the windshield, the closer your eyes are to the road view, and safer you will be.

Besides, the screen is very easy to remove, which may mean that if a higher-resolution screen is introduced in a newer model, a swap would be an easy plug-N-play.

The mazda 3 refresh for 2017 is basically the same as the mazda 6 refresh of 2016 was. There are pics of the 2017 -3 from japan now.

The salesman was uninformed.

Back