Traffic on The NAV system

If I can find a unit that is plug and play with rear camera & bose I will replace OEM in mine next year after warranty. I've seen units that already address customizations options so that issue is not present.

s-l1600.jpg

Sorry guys, I fear that I have driven this thread off topic...
Regarding the aftermarket unit above, I don't suppose you will be able to find one that operates with the command knob(s) either...

Sorry guys, I fear that I have driven this thread off topic...
Regarding the aftermarket unit above, I don't suppose you will be able to find one that operates with the command knob(s) either...

I don't have the knob as I have a '15 but we may need to sit tight a while longer for something that is fully compatible for all years '13+

IMO... at that point it will likely be a unit with functionality/features that surpass the currently shipping unit. I am glad Mazda doesn't integrate HVAC into infotainment unit like my Infiniti.

So it looks like the phone thing is a deal breaker. No hands free is possible with the current AA. It just doesn't work via USB.
It actually places the call but then puts up a message to take the call on the handset. Incoming calls show but cannot be answered except on handset.
BT and USB together makes the whole system unstable, but it is almost there. I hope a fix comes soon because other than phone calls it is all pretty nice.
I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled and let you know when things change. I'm leaving it installed since it doesn't seem to hurt to simply not use it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

So it looks like the phone thing is a deal breaker. No hands free is possible with the current AA. It just doesn't work via USB.
It actually places the call but then puts up a message to take the call on the handset. Incoming calls show but cannot be answered except on handset.
BT and USB together makes the whole system unstable, but it is almost there. I hope a fix comes soon because other than phone calls it is all pretty nice.
I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled and let you know when things change. I'm leaving it installed since it doesn't seem to hurt to simply not use it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's pretty much what I gathered from my research on the thread over there. Really disappointing that the creator has left. I don't know if anyone else is working on it or not. Hopefully someone takes it on. I would 100% donate a decent amount of money if someone could get it running right. Im sure many others would as well. Cross our fingers.

This issue has come up several times of the forum with similar battle cries of "contact Mazda and show them we're upset!" Every time, the result has been the same - Mazda shrugs us off and tells us they don't owe us anything and sorry for the inconvenience, blah blah blah. It's not coming, they will not update it. There is rumor that it has to do with a contract dispute with the provider of the traffic service. Best advice is to either find a work around, or accept it as vaporware and save yourself the aggravation. :)

I spoke with Mazda directly this AM, they sent me some credits to use for service and accessory, said they were looking for new provider. Turns out that a company here in Seattle, Inrix, partners with a fair number of auto manufacturers. If I can find this, what is Mazda's excuse? I think I will call them back and ask, as well as complaining to my dealer about not being informed of this up front.

I spoke with Mazda directly this AM, they sent me some credits to use for service and accessory, said they were looking for new provider. Turns out that a company here in Seattle, Inrix, partners with a fair number of auto manufacturers. If I can find this, what is Mazda's excuse? I think I will call them back and ask, as well as complaining to my dealer about not being informed of this up front.

I want do this as well, i will get the rear OEM protector :). Care to share more details?

Please tell me where I can complain.

I'm surprised that no one has started a class action suit. There are class actions for everything.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Kaps and Greencat, I just placed a phone call to the Mazda support number, they offered the credits for the inconvenience when I told them how disappointed I was in not knowing this up front. My dealer has asked me to bring the car in on Tuesday where they will check firmware and such, they say I am the first person to complain. I will show them how nicely this works on my Android Phone with CoPilot. Who knows, perhaps I did miss something along the way. After all what would I know about technology, having been a software developer for the last 47 years or so.

For me I can simply fall back to using my phone.

I am considering adding the trailer hitch myself.

I will update next week with results of the dealer visit.

I contacted Mazda an tried to get some credits. It was a swing and a miss. They told me that they never promised traffic and it is not mentioned in any marketing brochures.

I contacted Mazda an tried to get some credits. It was a swing and a miss. They told me that they never promised traffic and it is not mentioned in any marketing brochures.
That's a lie! Mazda did mentioned live traffic for its navigation system in 2016 CX-5 sales brochure black and white!

That's a lie! Mazda did mentioned live traffic for its navigation system in 2016 CX-5 sales brochure black and white!
Also, page 19 of the brochure for my 2016.5 says "real-time traffic alert".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So why is no one trying to pursuit a case against Mazda? If what you say is true, than we didn't get what was advertised. Simple as that. And compensation needs to be made.

So why is no one trying to pursuit a case against Mazda? If what you say is true, than we didn't get what was advertised. Simple as that. And compensation needs to be made.
You should know I say only the truth and my honest opinion here. :) Here is the 2016 Mazda CX-5 sales brochure and see for yourself on page 10:

"COMPLETELY CONNECTED. EFFORTLESSLY ENGAGING.
Equipped with our most technologically advanced cockpit, the CX-5s capabilities reach even further than ever before. With available MAZDA CONNECTTM, our next-generation infotainment1 system, you get a host of social media access, entertainment and information options. All you have to do is pair your smartphone with the CX-5 via Bluetooth wireless connectivity to stream popular social media, music and infotainment apps such as Pandora, AhaTM and StitcherTM. Control the system and view information on the 7-inch full-color touch-screen display. Also enjoy access to standard USB audio input ports and an available factory-integrated navigation system with cutting-edge features such as voice command, real-time traffic alerts and advanced lane guidance. And even with all these options, we still help you keep your eyes on the road. All the functions displayed on your touch screen can also be operated with the multi-function Commander control, conveniently located at your fingertips on the center console.
"

Okay guys, so I know this thread has been asleep for a while, but i have an idea.
Please feel free to poke holes in it if it sucks.

I read this article a few minutes ago:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/consume...recommendation-on-poor-reliability-1477331492

What would happen if this were to happen to the CX-5??

A lot of you have called Mazda North America to complain about not having real-time traffic updates in Navigation. Others have been blatantly lied to at the dealerships or through the phone. We've clearly been deceived.

What if we sent Mazda North America an email or a letter (like from a Moderator here) describing

1. what we're upset about

2. how many of us are upset (the more the better)

3. that instead of suing, we will all begin to report this malfunction in our navigation to Consumer Reports. And:
a) that Mazda is ignoring us
b) we were clearly defrauded as this feature is describing in writing

Perhaps a couple of hundred complaints to a well-known and respected company would motivate them to reconsider fixing the problem

thoughts?

What would it it hurt..?

The worst Mazda America would say is
"Nope sorry, you'll have to wait for an update from Mazda with CarPlay to utilize the live traffic is such apps as 'waze' or apples app...".

Sorry I don't know the apps for our android brother out there...

**Details, specifications, and features subject to change without notice.

I think it kind of falls into that category.

(whistle)

However, I would still let them know how unsatisfied you are...

Back