Traffic on The NAV system

Send them a note today. Let's see whether they respond with the same canned response.
We are sorry, yadda, yadda, yadda ........., we're working on it, yadda, yadda, yadda, but no firm date, yadda, yadda, yadda, whether it's canned or manually entered each time is still not what we want to receive as an answer.
;)

Many people had tried and the answers were all similar. But it won't hurt keep sending Mazda North American Operations message.

As owners we need to contact Mazda to question/complain. Not bitterly, but to let them know this is something important to us. I think (hope) they will respond if customers take time to bring it to their attention. Just pop over to MazdaHandsFree, and drill down to your model and hit the Contact Us at the bottom. It is a simple effort that may pay off...

+1. I have been sending messages to them monthly. Everyone should be doing the same. I will start doing it even more frequently. It is unacceptable and Mazda needs to know that we care. Specifically about AA and Carplay. Other manufacturers are doing it, so can Mazda.

My 2014 works perfectly alerting me to traffic issues and offering detours around them.

Banjos, if you have a GT in US it should have a nav card inserted, maybe your dealer did not put it in or someone took it, check your window sticker...

Banjos, if you have a GT in US it should have a nav card inserted, maybe your dealer did not put it in or someone took it, check your window sticker...

That is true beginning with the 2016.5. the 2016 GT only came with he navigation if you bought the tech package as well.

That is true beginning with the 2016.5. the 2016 GT only came with he navigation if you bought the tech package as well.

Hmm, thanks folks. I'll go over my paperwork tomorrow. I just wonder after 14 months what the dealerships response would be. There's no way it was stolen, as I keep the vehicle locked at all times.

Banjo, take a close look in your glove box and the packet of manuals that came with the car. Often dealers will remove the card and place it in the packet to avoid people taking it during test drives and what not. You have tech so you should have had the SD card. If you don't find it, contact the dealer and make them give you one. Even after 14 months they should be able to help you. If not contact Mazda North America and get them involved.

Got this email from Mazda.

Thank you for contacting the Mazda Hands Free Support.

The system was originally designed with Connected Services capabilities. However, it will not be available for purchase on this vehicle but may be provided in the future on select vehicles. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions or need further information, feel free to contact the Mazda Hands Free Support Line at 1-800-430-0153 Monday-Friday 7am-8pm CT.

Got this email from Mazda.

Thank you for contacting the Mazda Hands Free Support.

The system was originally designed with Connected Services capabilities. However, it will not be available for purchase on this vehicle but may be provided in the future on select vehicles. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions or need further information, feel free to contact the Mazda Hands Free Support Line at 1-800-430-0153 Monday-Friday 7am-8pm CT.

Me too. I don't like the, "However, it will not be available for purchase on this vehicle but may be provided in the future on select vehicles." Thanks for nutt'n Mazda. Translated: It is coming to Mazda soon, but not for you...

Been following the forum over at Mazda 3 revolution and this app was getting better an better but the creator sold his Mazda and so development from him has stopped. Extremely disappointing.

Hum. Still. I would be happy with what I see already. At least the NAV will be accurate... LOL I noticed this was just published too, so it isn't three years old leaving us to figure it out. Boy, I am tempted to give it a whirl. I am the type to root every phone I own and both of my Android boxes. Hum... this could be dangerous, or... cool! :)

EDIT: OK downloaded and ready to roll. Some last minute reading and I'm giving 'er a try.

Last edited:
Done! Running AA pretty nicely! There is a tiny yellow square in the bottom right corner of the screen that shows my FPS. Have to find out how to remove that.... Otherwise, it is pretty cool actually. So far, I have to have the phone plugged in on USB but that isn't too bad. One can also exit AA and go back to standard H/U. I have to play around with it a lot more, but so far so good!

I can't say that I have had many issues with the navigation system myself though the lack of live traffic is disappointing. I have had it act as though I am on the exit ramp when I am still on the highway, but only when I am using the navigation and am ignoring the instructions because I know a better route.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that you can't do much with the nav once you're in motion. I get they consider it a safety concern, but often my wife and I will be trying to find a stop while traveling, and she would enter the info into the navigation of my old car. Unless I am missing a setting, the CX-5 will not let you enter a destination when you're in motion. We went out of town a few weeks ago, and had to actually pull into a parking lot to enter the address of a restaurant we decided to go to during our drive (rolleyes)

The only way I have found to put in an address while moving is using the voice commands which I find more frustrating than its worth. However one way around this is to disable the speed restriction with the All-In-One Tweaks which will allow full access to all menu options while moving and can be found here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...io-electronics/122458-aio-all-one-tweaks.html
This also fixes/adds/removes a lot of other irritating choices by Mazda in terms of functionality though unfortunately does not fix the horrendous USB flash drive navigation UI...

There was a software update to improve position accuracy, for the uk it was 56.00.511, so i'm sure the usa will also have a update, or wherever SI is.

Banjo, take a close look in your glove box and the packet of manuals that came with the car. Often dealers will remove the card and place it in the packet to avoid people taking it during test drives and what not. You have tech so you should have had the SD card. If you don't find it, contact the dealer and make them give you one. Even after 14 months they should be able to help you. If not contact Mazda North America and get them involved.

Found the card in the owner's manual pouch with all the books/manuals. Thx folks!

Done! Running AA pretty nicely! There is a tiny yellow square in the bottom right corner of the screen that shows my FPS. Have to find out how to remove that.... Otherwise, it is pretty cool actually. So far, I have to have the phone plugged in on USB but that isn't too bad. One can also exit AA and go back to standard H/U. I have to play around with it a lot more, but so far so good!

Good to hear! What version did you install? Also, have you tried playing music? Heard issues about that and having to disable Bluetooth on their phone . Can you comment on any of this?

I installed AndroidAuto_v0.91B and I installed the touch screen hack that is simply called "restrictions".
Music plays but on occasion is jumpy, but this only after I applied the hack to disable the speed sensitive touch lock-out. Might just be coincidence on that; I found that restarting the head unit after the lock-out hack made it better. I will be driving in a couple hours and will report back.
I have been leaving the bluetooth on and it doesn't seem to interfere, but that may be how my phone operates. Once the USB is plugged in it may disregard the BT in favor of the USB. I am using a LG V10. I will test this out too.
I have this odd yellow box in the lower right corner that constantly shows my FPS count. It is very small and I don't mind too much, but it would be nice to not have to see it. It is even there when not in AA.
Lastly, some say that taking the GPS SD card out will speed things up on the head unit. I have noticed it takes a bit longer to operate the non-Android Auto functions, but it is not oppressive. Again, I will try it out and compare.
* I think the sound is better on USB too. Is that possible?

Edit: Also, when exiting Android Auto you must hit the home key again, but that's no biggie.

Edit 2: Also, no phone without BT connection! I'm going to try leaving both on and report back.

Last edited:
Back