Traffic on The NAV system

Yeah, I am sure they would figure out a way to claim that it wasn't a guaranteed feature. However I agree, sending something to Mazda to express how upset we are about this could be a good idea. It certainly couldn't hurt. I think this particular complaint could get somewhere though because the previous years of the cx5 had traffic so as a new prospective buyer, one would assume that the newest model available would and should also include it. That combined with brochure stating it should have traffic, possibly could get us somewhere. Not like it was a completely new feature that just didn't work out.

What about using Twitter to complain? That way prospective buyers might see the problem and ask before making a purchase? Social Media seems to get the most attention so may as well use that platform to see if Mazda continues to respond the same way.

We have a '15 with TomTom nav. As previously posted, we get some traffic info in the vertical bar on the rt side of the screen when we're navigating to a destination.
We weren't navigating yesterday when I noticed a WAZE-like collision icon just ahead on the freeway. Sure enough, there was an accident there. Interesting. (uhm)

What about using Twitter to complain? That way prospective buyers might see the problem and ask before making a purchase? Social Media seems to get the most attention so may as well use that platform to see if Mazda continues to respond the same way.

Yeah certainly can't help. I don't use twitter(I do have an account for some reason though) but would gladly tweet them.

https://twitter.com/MazdaUSA?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Every tweet them! I just did. Have no idea where to see if it actually posted but it told me I did.

I commented on the Mazda Canada Facebook account and they replied thanking me for my comment and saying they would forward it to Japan. It always makes me laugh when you complain and the company says thank you.

No only there are missing features like Live Traffic alerts which is basically false advertising, but there are also many features poorly designed in the CX-5 NAV system. It's really clumsy. For example, this weekend, I couldn't get rid of all the interstate exit information that takes almost 1/2 of the screen. Who needs to see all the gas stations and restaurants off of 400 miles of Interstate? Wouldn't it make more sense to display this info only on request? <sigh>
Bottom line, I've decided to not use it anymore and I use my cell phone with Google Maps instead.

Have you tried "WAYS"? It's a terrific GPS app on my hubby's iPhone that we use. Give it a try & you'll be hooked!

Have you tried "WAYS"? It's a terrific GPS app on my hubby's iPhone that we use. Give it a try & you'll be hooked!

I think you mean "Waze" ;) Available for Android, too.

If you want to use the Nav and get rid of the exit info, try this:

From Main Nav screen:
- Navigation Settings
---Guidance Settings
-----Highway Exits (Select to open)
-------Only When Menu is Open (Select this one)
-------Always Show on Highways

When you're back on the main Nav screen, hide the bottom buttons and no more exit info.

Thanks, gonna give this a try -- always bugged me having that info on the right-side.

Back