12v outlet voltage 20.5 2016.5 cx-5

plschwartz

:
mazda 2016.5 cx-5
I have always carried around an emergency tire pump to inflate them. I read that many newer cars do not have sufficient voltage to power the stronger pumps. Does the Mazda have enough amperage?
I too will add my voice to the double stupidity of having the outlet unswitched and stashing it away in the console
I was taught that it is important that tire pressure needs be measured with cool tires. Running the car over to a gas-station pump would mean hanging out there til the tires cooled. Easier with a small pump.
The tire warning system is a plus. Mazda should also facilitate pressure maintenance by making it as easy as possible to top up one's tires to proper pressure.

Last edited:
I have always carried around an emergency tire pump to inflate them. I read that many newer cars do not have sufficient voltage to power the stronger pumps. Does the Mazda have enough amperage?
I too will add my voice to the double stupidity of having the outlet unswitched and stashing it away in the console
I was taught that it is important that tire pressure needs be measured with cool tires. Running the car over to a gas-station pump would mean hanging out there til the tires cooled. Easier with a small pump.
The tire warning system is a plus. Mazda should also facilitate pressure maintenance by making it as easy as possible to top up one's tires to proper pressure.

The voltage will be battery voltage, (About 13) The current is up to 15 amps (The fuse) That should run a small air compressor. I believe the outlet in the back to the drivers side of the hatch is unswitched. It is also handy.

The voltage will be battery voltage, (About 13) The current is up to 15 amps (The fuse) That should run a small air compressor. I believe the outlet in the back to the drivers side of the hatch is unswitched. It is also handy.

Thank you. Now I will buy a new one for a new car :)

Thank you. Now I will buy a new one for a new car :)
I found most of those 12V air pumps are almost useless. They're noisy and way underpowered. I use stronger air pump using household 120V AC. It's a lot faster to air the tires up.

I picked up a pump that has clip wires to attach directly to the battery, it works well.

Back