Non-Bose Stock Radio relaced with 08 Bose Nav Radio

Ricky0122

:
Mazda CX-9
Well I recently swapped out the original Non-Bose radio from my 08 CX9 to a used Bose Nav Radio unit from another 08 which I found on Ebay. The connections were identical except for some obvious missing parts although here are my problems. Hopefully you all can shine a light.

Volume doesn't work correctly, doesn't matter if its set a 1 or 40 the volume and sound is terribly distorted, even in settings nothing is able to adjust this. Only saving grace is Aux input which I can control the volume VIA my phone.

Also Menu option doesn't work, only CD, AM.FM, Aux, Display and sound buttons work. Although changing the sound features does nothing. I knew NAV wouldn't work period, don't care if it does. Also due to Menu option not working, cant change time on clock. Although clock window says Bose Sound when I turn on Car, obviously never said that before.

Quite frankly I just need to regulate the volume and sound settings. Do I need to purchase an AMP or is there some unique adapter I need.

Any information or thoughts would be a blessing. Ill post some pics of it helps.

Thanks,

Last edited:
So to give everyone an up date. I installed the Bose Radio and even though it works perfectly without an AMP the volume is pointless. I finally did this weekend and installed it, it all works like a charm.

Back