WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiner for 2016 CX-9

Yeah. I didn't get an email confirmation with my either of my orders either. Only the FEDEX shipment notice 2 or 3 days later. I couldn't even track it online with the order number either...Strange.

Here's the rear cargo liner if you haven't seen it.

Attachments

• IMG_7910.jpg
    IMG_7910.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 277
Last edited:
I ordered some through the local car wash that sells Weathertech products. Same price, the profit stays local to help keep the good guys in business.

Hrmph. Despite possibly being the very first person to order the morning they were released, I have not even received a shipping notice, nor a reply to my email inquiring about the status...

Did it never come?

I ordered yesterday, got an email with tracking number today.

Did they release an OEM Cargo Tray yet and does anyone have any pics?

I really liked the rubber Cargo Tray for my CX-5. It's a solid piece and holds spills really well. I can throw my snowy/muddy snowboard boots in the back and I don't have to worry about staining the carpet.

Looking at the pics of the Weathertech ones, they look like they would work well if you have the 3rd row seats down. But the pics of the liner with the 3rd row seats up (or one of the 2) just looks stupid and would be annoying. If I had the 3rd row seats up I'd probably just remove the liner. I was wondering how the OEM ones would compare.

Edit: one more question, for those that got the front/rear Weathertech mats, what do you guys use for the 3rd row? Looks like the Mazda OEM All Weathat mats for the rear has something for the 3rd row since it's 6 pieces?

Last edited:
Did it never come?

I ordered yesterday, got an email with tracking number today.

Still never came. No shipping notice. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada? Not sure. I ordered some for a brand new Edge a few months ago and they came within a week to the door.

Edit: one more question, for those that got the front/rear Weathertech mats, what do you guys use for the 3rd row? Looks like the Mazda OEM All Weathat mats for the rear has something for the 3rd row since it's 6 pieces?

If you want a Weathertech style floormat for the third row, the only option available right now that I am aware of is the Mazda Canada OEM floormat (p/n 00VP-C9-FL30, $139 CA). See the pictures that Nomis21 posted on Page 1 of this topic. We live near Seattle, but we were able to purchase a complete set (00VP-C9-FL10, 00VP-C9-FL20, 00VP-C9-FL30) during a recent trip to Victoria B.C. I'm a big fan of Weathertech products (I have their rear cargo tray), but in this case I like the Mazda Canada OEM mats better just because all 3 rows are uniform in appearance (the Weathertech mats are probably better quality though).

Never use my 3rd row. Just love the space....and If I have to, i just rollup the Weathertech mat.

I got the Mazda OEM rubber floor mats for all 3 rows of my 2016 CX-9 (parts 0000-8B-M34 and 0000-8B-M35). Price was $142.94 with free shipping and no tax. I am quite happy with them. I had a slight issue with the 3rd row mat bunching-up whenever the 2nd row seat was moved backwards, but after fine-tuning the mat's position the problem seems to be solved. I initially tried to install the rubber mats over the original car mats, but that does not work in the front row because the mats have to be secured in place. Stacking also does not work well in the 3rd row from a clearance point of view. Not really an issue, just need to find a place to store the original mats now. These Mazda mats do not have the 'tray' design that the Weathertech mats apparently have (from looking at prior posts).
r75dz8.jpg
2gws83n.jpg

I got the Mazda OEM rubber floor mats for all 3 rows of my 2016 CX-9 (parts 0000-8B-M34 and 0000-8B-M35). Price was $142.94 with free shipping and no tax. I am quite happy with them. I had a slight issue with the 3rd row mat bunching-up whenever the 2nd row seat was moved backwards, but after fine-tuning the mat's position the problem seems to be solved. I initially tried to install the rubber mats over the original car mats, but that does not work in the front row because the mats have to be secured in place. Stacking also does not work well in the 3rd row from a clearance point of view. Not really an issue, just need to find a place to store the original mats now. These Mazda mats do not have the 'tray' design that the Weathertech mats apparently have (from looking at prior posts).
r75dz8.jpg
2gws83n.jpg

Never ever place rubber mats on top of other mats in the driver's seat--your accelerator pedal could get trapped underneath the mat when you place them like that.

Never ever place rubber mats on top of other mats in the driver's seat.
Thanks for the safety insight. Mazda did include a warning not to stack the driver-side mat -- another reason I avoided it. Here is pict of the installed driver-side mat. While putting in the mat, I could see a lot of the sound insulation that Mazda installed (2nd pict). Pretty cool.

4uvt3m.jpg
24qs2zc.jpg

The Weathertech mats are going to protect better than the OEM.
Yes, I agree. But for us (empty nesters, sun-belt), the OEM ticks all the boxes-- stylish, good protection for day-to-day shoe-muck,easy to whip in an out. If I were in slushy climate, or had back-seat kiddos with sugary drinks and muddy soccer shoes, I would definitely go with the Weathertechs.

Have anyone purchased the 3rd row Matts from Mazda Canada? it seem they have free shipping to US as well
http://mazdashop.ca/products/premium-floor-liners-3rd-row-mazda-cx-9-2016?variant=30454452291

I will be purchasing 3rd row OEM, but 1st and 2nd row Weathertech due to the better protection. I do not use 3rd row much, but prefer to have it protected anyway

UPDATE: I just completed the order from Mazdashop.ca I will update later when it arrive. It definitively cost US$104 (139CAD), and is free ground shipping to Florida

Last edited:
Have anyone purchased the 3rd row Matts from Mazda Canada? it seem they have free shipping to US as well
http://mazdashop.ca/products/premium-floor-liners-3rd-row-mazda-cx-9-2016?variant=30454452291
This is for other users, because by now you have discovered that the mat shown in this link is actually the 2nd row mat. The 3rd row mat is slotted to allow the 2nd row seats to move back. Pictures of all three rows of the Canadian all-weather mats are posted on Page 1 of this topic by Nomis21.

Did anybody purchase the 3rd row weather tech mat?

I'm noticing that the picture on their website doesn't include any coverage by the door sill area. (where your feet step when climbing into the 3rd row)

Is this true?

Standard carpeting and OEM Rubber mats have a separate small rectangular piece on each side, in addition to the 3rd row foot area.

MAXFLOORMATs on amazon seem to attach this door sill area to the rest of the 3rd row mat.

OEM Rubber mats
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Weathertech:
http://www.weathertech.com/mazda/2018/cx-9/floorliner-digitalfit/

MAXFLOORLINER:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I want to order the weather tech liners, but maybe skip the 3rd row and get the 3rd row MAXFLOORLINER version instead. I want to be able to get good coverage over that door sill area.

I have the Maxliner floormats for all 3 rows and can confirm the third row is all one piece. It too has the same issues as the OEM where if you don't have it positioned just right it'll get caught and bound up when sliding the 2nd row seats.

Alternatively it is flexible enough to tuck under the plastic surround/bezel that is around the sliding portion of the second row which keeps it in place.

Did anybody purchase the 3rd row weather tech mat?

I'm noticing that the picture on their website doesn't include any coverage by the door sill area. (where your feet step when climbing into the 3rd row)

Is this true?

Standard carpeting and OEM Rubber mats have a separate small rectangular piece on each side, in addition to the 3rd row foot area.

MAXFLOORMATs on amazon seem to attach this door sill area to the rest of the 3rd row mat.

OEM Rubber mats
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Weathertech:
http://www.weathertech.com/mazda/2018/cx-9/floorliner-digitalfit/

MAXFLOORLINER:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I want to order the weather tech liners, but maybe skip the 3rd row and get the 3rd row MAXFLOORLINER version instead. I want to be able to get good coverage over that door sill area.

[SUB][/SUB]

I have the Maxliner floormats for all 3 rows and can confirm the third row is all one piece. It too has the same issues as the OEM where if you don't have it positioned just right it'll get caught and bound up when sliding the 2nd row seats.

Alternatively it is flexible enough to tuck under the plastic surround/bezel that is around the sliding portion of the second row which keeps it in place.

[SUB][/SUB]

Can you take a picture of the actual maxliner 3rd row?

just got the 3D Maxpider Kagu (black) floor liner set saturday, no issues with 3rd row, (must of put in right on first try). 2nd & 3rd rows are each 1 piece, will try to update with pic from my CX-9, but here is link from Amazon that shows the images (this is where i got my mats) https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Back