WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiner for 2016 CX-9

I'll try and call tomorrow.

From what I can tell I'm pretty sure I got the 16s. Looking at online pics of the drivers side mat of the previous gen. they lacked the inset bump on the bottom right side, which you can see in the picture I submitted. Also the mat securing tabs on the drivers side are off-set on the 16s, where they look to be level with each other on the older CX-9s.

Thanks man. I'm pretty sure you have the 16 though. The floor plan is different and flushed compared to the previous models. I'm just kind of baffled as to why they don't market it even in Canada. It's added sales for them. And of course, they need to add more accessories for the CX9. Other car companies with SUVs have tons of it. Volvo even has a matching car seat for their SUV.

Last edited:
It's added sales for them. And of course, they need to add more accessories for the CX9. Other car companies with SUVs have tons of it.

It's not just SUVs.
Mazda is painfully slow when it comes to making accessories available for new models.

Few accessories were available upon release of the Mazda3 in 2004, the revised 3s in 2010 and again in 2014, the CX-5 in 2013, the new Miata last year; and now the new CX-9.

Every time a new model is released, I hope that Mazda's marketing team has gotten the message; but they're apparently slow learners or completely deaf to potential purchasers.
Many buyers would roll accessories into the purchase price of their cars ... maximizing profits for the company and the dealership.
Mazda misses most of that opportunity for the first months after new model release when companies like Toyota, Honda, and even BMW and Porsche have a variety of available accessories on release day.

If someone at Mazda follows the different forums; get a clue folks.
Pre-plan and make a full array of accessories available on the day a new model is available for sale!
You'll have happier customers and add to your bottom line.

It's not just SUVs.
Mazda is painfully slow when it comes to making accessories available for new models.

Few accessories were available upon release of the Mazda3 in 2004, the revised 3s in 2010 and again in 2014, the CX-5 in 2013, the new Miata last year; and now the new CX-9.

Every time a new model is released, I hope that Mazda's marketing team has gotten the message; but they're apparently slow learners or completely deaf to potential purchasers.
Many buyers would roll accessories into the purchase price of their cars ... maximizing profits for the company and the dealership.
Mazda misses most of that opportunity for the first months after new model release when companies like Toyota, Honda, and even BMW and Porsche have a variety of available accessories on release day.

If someone at Mazda follows the different forums; get a clue folks.
Pre-plan and make a full array of accessories available on the day a new model is available for sale!
You'll have happier customers and add to your bottom line.

Hahaha! Slow learners. They definitely miss out added sales. We have no clue what they arethinking. I myself prefers to buy accessories from Mazda itself even it's pricey because there's tons of fakes all over the car market industry.

I'll try and call tomorrow.

From what I can tell I'm pretty sure I got the 16s. Looking at online pics of the drivers side mat of the previous gen. they lacked the inset bump on the bottom right side, which you can see in the picture I submitted. Also the mat securing tabs on the drivers side are off-set on the 16s, where they look to be level with each other on the older CX-9s.

We just bought a 2016 Signature yesterday, and since we will be in the Victoria B.C. area this coming weekend, I emailed a couple of the local Mazda dealers about buying a set of these Canadian all-weather floor mats. One dealer has responded with part numbers and prices (I don't know which row corresponds to which part number, but based on the prices and parts numbers, they are probably in order of Row 1, Row 2, and Row 3):

00VP-C9-FL10 $185
00VP-C9-FL20 $139
00VP-C9-FL30 $139

Total: $463 + GST (Goods & Services Tax) $23.15 + PST (Provincial Sales Tax) $32.41 = Grand Total $518.56. I'm pretty sure this quote is in Canadian dollars, which would make it about $392 US dollars. A lot of money, but so are WeatherTech brand, and I can have these a week from now while WeatherTech is TBD.

UPDATE: Picked them up from Harris Mazda in Nanaimo, BC and they look great.

Last edited:
WeatherTech says their floorliners are in production and will be out in about 4 to 6 weeks.

FYI: WeatherTech now has the second row floor liners available on their website.
A call to customer service indicated that the front liners will be available at the end of this week or early next week.

In order to minimize shipping charges, I'm waiting for the full set before I order ... soon ... Finally!

FYI: WeatherTech now has the second row floor liners available on their website.
A call to customer service indicated that the front liners will be available at the end of this week or early next week.

In order to minimize shipping charges, I'm waiting for the full set before I order ... soon ... Finally!

For what it's worth, I called WeatherTech tonight as I ordered second row and cargo liners yesterday. They stated they could waive the shipping charges on the front when they are available, just call them. So I didn't cancel my order.

Beat me to the punch by about an hour and a half.

Cross post from another forum:

Finally ... WeatherTech front and rear floor liners are available as of this morning!

Already ordered my set ... $179.90 + $18.00 shipping for a total of $197.90.

If interested in the cargo liner as well, adding it provides free shipping.

Yes. I'm interested to see some actual pictures particularly the driver's side.

Got the trunk liner a week back. The front and back seat WeatherTech are on route to me for Friday delivery.

My front and back WeatherTech floor liners are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
I'll post pics shortly thereafter.

My WeatherTech front and rear floor liners arrived today and are installed.
As is always the case with WeatherTech, the liners fit perfectly and provide maximum protection.
The "covers" for the front liner attachment points are new and a nice touch.
A good value for what you receive.

Driver's floor liner followed by a closeup of the firewall area:

Box is PowerMagic Pro for my front and rear dashcams

Passenger front floor liner:

Rear floor liner:

Also obtained and installed the Mazda cargo cover as shown below:
It installs behind the second row and isn't designed for use with the third row in use.
Coverage is good, but it is a bit pricey for what it is.
Also in the picture is part of the soft cargo liner that that I previously obtained and installed.
It provides fine protection for my purposes and easily adapts to different seating configurations.
I really like it after using similar soft liners on prior CX-5s and Mazda3 hatchbacks.

WeatherTech - BumpFrame

Those look awesome. Mine arrive tomorrow.

And as you said, the rear cargo cover is a bit pricey for what it does. Not sure I'm going to spring for that option.

What I did order, and arrived today, was the WeatherTech license plate protector. If you hit ANYTHING with the front of your CX-9, your SOL and likely to crack the silver trim. So I took a chance on the WeatherTech Bump Frame. I'm extremely pleased how it adds an extra inch of rubber protection before the car taps some objects. See attached photo.

http://www.weathertech.com/bumpframe/

Attachments

• Bumper.JPG
    Bumper.JPG
    385.8 KB · Views: 197
Hrmph. Despite possibly being the very first person to order the morning they were released, I have not even received a shipping notice, nor a reply to my email inquiring about the status...

Hrmph. Despite possibly being the very first person to order the morning they were released, I have not even received a shipping notice, nor a reply to my email inquiring about the status...

I ordered shortly after they went "live" last Thursday and never received a shipping notice.
I knew that they were shipped because I receive FedEx notifications for any package addressed to me.

I suggest calling with your order number.
The representative should be able to track your order.
(Depending upon your location the order may even arrive today).

Back