WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiner for 2016 CX-9

racerscott

:
2016 CX-9 Signature
I emailed WeatherTech regarding the availability of their DigitalFit FloorLiners for the new 2016 CX-9 and here is their response:

We received your email regarding your 2016 Mazda CX-9. I checked in with our product development team and we currently do not have measurements or a release date established for your vehicle since it is so new. We have a product request form underneath the customer service tab on our website (weathertech.com). If you fill out this form, we will send you an email when the product you have selected becomes available. Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!

I prefer WeatherTech floor liners for all of my cars, but they are often a bit slow developing the pattern for just-released vehicles and getting them in production.
This has been true for several cars; including the '16 MX-5 that I purchased last July.

I tried to get the Mazda all weather mats in the interim (as I did for the MX-5) but even they aren't yet available.

I made the online request to WeatherTech after bringing my new CX-9 home on June 17th.
I'm at the point that I'll purchase whichever set is first ready for sale.

I emailed WeatherTech yesterday and received the following (I inquired about floorliners and cargo liner):

The FloorLiners and Cargo Liner for the 2016 Mazda C-X9 are currently in development in our studio. We expect to see this item become available in the coming months. We will keep your information on file and contact you when the parts are available. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Not much different than the response you received since "available in the coming months" is a pretty vague timeframe.

I emailed WeatherTech yesterday and received the following (I inquired about floorliners and cargo liner):

The FloorLiners and Cargo Liner for the 2016 Mazda C-X9 are currently in development in our studio. We expect to see this item become available in the coming months. We will keep your information on file and contact you when the parts are available. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Not much different than the response you received since "available in the coming months" is a pretty vague timeframe.

It's just too long indefinite ETA for the WeatherTech to make it. In the meantime, I just went ahead and use the Motor trend flex tough contour liners custom fit. Works like a charm for the same purpose and for only 30 bucks.

It's just too long indefinite ETA for the WeatherTech to make it. In the meantime, I just went ahead and use the Motor trend flex tough contour liners custom fit. Works like a charm for the same purpose and for only 30 bucks.

I prefer the WeatherTech floor liners ... but like you I think that the lead time is way too long.
I HAVE noticed that they don't notify prospective buyers in a timely manner.

I'd requested the floor liners for the ND Miata; and they were shown on their website a full month before I received an email notifying me of their availability.

Since the Mazda all-weather mats aren't available yet either; I'm planning to purchase whichever shows up first.
I did the same thing with the Miata, and ended up with the Mazda mats ... not quite the coverage of the WeatherTechs, but less money.

I prefer the WeatherTech floor liners ... but like you I think that the lead time is way too long.
I HAVE noticed that they don't notify prospective buyers in a timely manner.

I'd requested the floor liners for the ND Miata; and they were shown on their website a full month before I received an email notifying me of their availability.

Since the Mazda all-weather mats aren't available yet either; I'm planning to purchase whichever shows up first.
I did the same thing with the Miata, and ended up with the Mazda mats ... not quite the coverage of the WeatherTechs, but less money.

This Mazda all weather floor mat just got added in their website.

96ec6f142ada9b29a620bd7e8547bd3b.jpg

Looks like I need to stop by the dealer and order.

Checked with the dealer ... still unavailable.
Their system is showing late August ... along with the splash guards I'm seeking. (headshake

Checked with the dealer ... still unavailable.
Their system is showing late August ... along with the splash guards I'm seeking. (headshake

I called them yesterday too. They can't even do a preorder. We will keep on checking. Hopefully it'll look as nice as the picture. Or Weathertech will release the custom liner first, I'm good with either one.

Not sure if Mazda US sells them, but Mazda Canada sells their own version of WeatherTech floor liners for the 2016 CX-9.

I had them thrown in for free with the vehicle purchase thinking I was getting the basic rubber floor mats, but was pleasantly surprised when they arrived.

mat%201_zps54m3koa7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
mat%202_zps17ocpc6d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
mat%203_zpsikwaurba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice!

The Canadian floor liners aren't available from U.S. dealers.

If anyone on the forum knows of a Canadian dealer that might sell a set to those south of the border, I'd be right in line to order.

Not sure if Mazda US sells them, but Mazda Canada sells their own version of WeatherTech floor liners for the 2016 CX-9.

I had them thrown in for free with the vehicle purchase thinking I was getting the basic rubber floor mats, but was pleasantly surprised when they arrived.

mat%201_zps54m3koa7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
mat%202_zps17ocpc6d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
mat%203_zpsikwaurba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice fit. Did you get it from your dealer? Or from Mazda Canada website?

I got them from the dealer. Mazda Canada's website doesn't let you purchase from it, and it sucks for listing accessories.

You might be able to order them from mazdashop.ca. You can convert to USD on their website, so I assume they ship to the states, and they're the only Canadian website that I can find that sells Mazda accessories online.

Salesman vaguely mentioned that they retailed for around $500 CAD for all three rows, which would be about $388 USD at current exchange rates. But I believe he was just inflating the value to make it look like he was giving me a great deal by throwing them in for free, so I don't know what the real cost on them are.

Last edited:
I got them from the dealer. Mazda Canada's website doesn't let you purchase from it, and it sucks for listing accessories.

You might be able to order them from mazdashop.ca. You can convert to USD on their website, so I assume they ship to the states, and they're the only Canadian website that I can find that sells Mazda accessories online.

Salesman vaguely mentioned that they retailed for around $500 CAD for all three rows, which would be about $388 USD at current exchange rates. But I believe he was just inflating the value to make it look like he was giving me a great deal by throwing them in for free, so I don't know what the real cost on them are.

Its not listed on the website.

*Edited for clarity
oops, sorry about that, thought I saw them on there when looking for accessories a month ago. Just went back to the site today and noticed that they converted to USD, then quickly posted on this forum.

The website appears to be connected to the Scarborough Mazda dealership, you might be able to give them a call and see if they are available.

Last edited:
*Edited for clarity
oops, sorry about that, thought I saw them on there when looking for accessories a month ago. Just went back to the site today and noticed that they converted to USD, then quickly posted on this forum.

The website appears to be connected to the Scarborough Mazda dealership, you might be able to give them a call and see if they are available.

Thanks. Will definitely give them a call.

Stryker medic ... let us know what you find out.
If available and not prohibitively expensive, I'd like to order too.

Stryker medic ... let us know what you find out.
If available and not prohibitively expensive, I'd like to order too.

Not available either from the Scarborough Mazda. Nomis21, Are those designed for the 2016 Mazda CX9? The reason I ask is they don't even know that they already have that liner for the 16. They know they have that type of liner for the previous year model but none yet for the 16. Can you give them a call and talk to them about that? My hunch is it's for the previous year model. It's very odd that they have it if its for the 16 but they don't know about it or it's not listed from there system.

I'll try and call tomorrow.

From what I can tell I'm pretty sure I got the 16s. Looking at online pics of the drivers side mat of the previous gen. they lacked the inset bump on the bottom right side, which you can see in the picture I submitted. Also the mat securing tabs on the drivers side are off-set on the 16s, where they look to be level with each other on the older CX-9s.

Last edited:
Back