Best coilover option

ctb2024

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Quick question here-- looking for the best coilover setup, money isn't an issue. I like the BC coilover set...any other suggestions? Most sites say 99-03 protg, will any set sold work for the base protg and msp? Are there parts I need to keep from the stock suspension?

http://thmotorsports.com/jic-magic/jic-coilover-system-flttar-series/bjfpflta2/i-231123.aspx
I had these JICs on my P5 for years and they transformed the car. The ride was definitely stiffer than stock, but not too bad. If you just plan on daily driving the car, I'd probably go for an Eibach spring/Tokico Blue strut combo. The ride will be nice, the car will corner better and they'll last for miles and miles.

Any suspension for any 3rd gen Protege will fit. :)

pretty sure yellow speeds are considered the best coilovers for street use. there are likely others for track use but yellowspeed and bcracing have become so prolific id just stick to them. make sure you buy good tires to go with them as coils by themelsves are a waste of money. you will also need adjustable swaybar endlinks.

the msp is no different from a protege/p5 other than the strut perches on the rear shocks for the msp. but this only affects you when buying springs or struts separately. you would have to match them if so, where with coilovers you don't have to worry about any of that.

Back