Difficulty of alignment w/ rear adjustable camber kit?

RatLabGuy

Huh? What?
:
'03 p5 and '89 4Runner; M5 (wife's)
Just installed an adjustable camber kit on my '10 M5. Nothing fancy, just the standard style that adds a screwable end link.
Took it to a local shop for alignment. Tech is complaining it's taking substantially more work that normal b/c he has to take the wheel off to have access to the adjusting nuts. Which means having to do a lot of wheel setting on/off and dropping it to tune it.

I was a bit surprised by this but I didn't look and think about it too closely after I put it all back together.

Just curious what other people's experiences were?
wonder if there is something being overlooked that could be helpful.

And - if I ever meet the !@#$ engineer @ Mazda that designed this car w/ the fixed negative camber he's going to find himself missing several teeth.

I thought i was the only one with this problem. My alignment guy said the wheels need to be taken out an my arms are the spc ones. Anyone else have to deal with this problem

Sorry for reviving this post. I didnt want to create a new one since I know there has been a lot written about this Mazda 5 flaw. I am about to install new tires and my old ones did not last as long as they should. My 5 was regularly aligned to factory specs (i got a 3 yr alignment deal). What has been the concensus approach to fixing this issue? Will attaching this aftermarket camber tool fix the problem? Is this just for the rear? What do I tell the alignment tech?

Last edited:
Back