Need help with this new 2004 Mazda 6 Purchase.

type94

:
mazda 6
Hi, im new to the forums, im seeking a Mazda 6 in the market at the moment and im very fond of the vehicle in general. I wanted to know if anyone can help me really understand the problem with this. This vehicle is listed in my are of residency http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/red-deer/mazda-6-2004/1164577908?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true I wanted to know if a Mazda 6 with 170,000km is a safe buy. Im a college student with a part time job (decent enough) who is looking in to purchasing a mazda 6. This advert caught my eye and im wondering if its worth my time to go for this vehicle. My budget is 2500$ but considering the current price and the details given by the advertiser, im thinking it might be worth my time to fix this car up. But what i really want to know is what everyone else here who's had experience with Mazda's thinks?.

I have my own mechanic, and if its a my worth while i will use my brothers truck to tow the car to Calgary, Alberta. But at 170,000kms is it safe buy? While also considering the current issues the owner mentioned regarding the car?

My last text from the owner was this to be exact when i inquired about the issues on this car, " It runs yes. Up to 3000 rpm. May need throttle body or EMU to be reflashed only dealer can tell us that".

I want to know if this is worth my while and if another grand or so will get me out of the woods with this car. I really love the car and all that it has to offer, but the kms and current issues with engine kind of trouble me.

Any help will be appreciated, Thank you.

Still the original clutch? If it is, it's only a matter when, not IF, that clutch will need to be replaced, that's $1000 out of pocket already.

Last edited:
I don't think the 170,000 kms are an issue, provided it's been reasonably well taken care of. My daughter's P5 has 225K kms on it, and it runs great.

Any car with 170k km on the clock is going to be risky, the Mazda is no different. The best policy is to get someone who knows cars to check it over carefully. Good luck

Back