2007 Mazdaspeed6 Sport

I've only owned this car about a year and a half, but I unfortunately need to part with it. My girlfriend and I will be quitting our jobs and traveling across the country for potentially two years. We need something a little more practical - we'll probably get an SUV or something.

I have put a lot of work into this car and I still have all of the receipts. Within the first few months of buying it (privately), I replaced the transmission (including clutch and flywheel) and the engine. Transmission was a reman; clutch, flywheel, and engine were new. The odometer reads about 129k, but the engine only has around 34k miles on it. I live pretty far from where I work, unfortunately, so this car had a lot of highway miles put on it. Most recently, I replaced all four wheel bearings and will be replacing the front calipers, along with the oil, tomorrow. The rear calipers, rotors, and pads were replaced a few months ago. The front pads were replaced a few weeks ago and rotors some time before that. The suspension was replaced right at the start of winter (it had lowering springs on it but where I live and work that just meant my bumpers and exhaust were in danger).

It now has a catted Corksport downpipe connecting to a Magnaflow exhaust. I had a turbo timer installed last year and it came with a COBB AccessPort. I upgraded the fuel pressure relief valve early last year, and the blow off valve and engine top mount had been upgraded before I got the car. The windows were all tinted, but I removed the front ones because cops. The previous owner conveniently installed an iPod connector as well as an aux cable which have been wonderfully useful to me.

I'm asking $7,500 for it because of how much money I put in. Over the past year and a half I put in over $20,000 into the car not counting the original purchase price, most important of which includes the brand new engine and remanufactured transmission. My predecessor dealt with the timing chain and VVT actuator, so most if not all of the common problems, including things that occur around 100k miles, have been dealt with. I replaced the battery at the end of May. The next thing I was getting ready to do was get a custom tune. As my mechanics will tell you, I take great care of my car, always staying on top of everything.

I absolutely love this car but I need something practical for a cross country adventure. I am obviously open to offers, but please consider the amount of effort and money I put into this speed6. You won't find one in better condition.

UPDATE 7/4 -- I have priced this car to sell quickly since we are leaving at the end of August and recently got a great deal on a car.

Attachments

• 0519161923.jpg
    0519161923.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 368
  • 0519161925.jpg
    0519161925.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 339
  • 0519161926.jpg
    0519161926.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 0519161927_HDR.jpg
    0519161927_HDR.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 0519161929.jpg
    0519161929.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
My predecessor dealt with the timing chain and VVT actuator, so most if not all of the common problems, including things that occur around 100k miles, have been dealt with.

If you replaced the engine wouldn't this not matter as it was done to the old engine?

Is this car still for sale? It looks really sharp especially in red. I have been wanting to a buy a mazdaspeed 6 for awhile and recently have decided to find one. If your car is still available, I am definitely interested. Let me know.

Back