Are 2003 P5 pillar tweeters already attenuated to block bass?

JLiRD808

:
2002 Protege5
Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a quick search but about 1,000 posts came up containing bass + tweeters (boom05)

I bought the OEM 2003 P5 pillar tweeters to put in my 2002. Just wondering if I need to set a hi-pass in my deck or put in bass blockers, etc.

TKX!!!
J

I know plenty of people who have ran an after market deck with the stock system for many years without any issues. And I do not believe there is dedicated wiring to the tweeters so I would imagine the tweeters have the filters built in.

This is a logical guess though, so take it with a grain of salt.

I know plenty of people who have ran an after market deck with the stock system for many years without any issues. And I do not believe there is dedicated wiring to the tweeters so I would imagine the tweeters have the filters built in.

This is a logical guess though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Based on that, it sounds like the front door speakers had a crossover that lead off to the tweeters probably?

I dont have the 2003...I bought the door-sail tweeter mounts separately, but havent plugged anything in yet. I'm now thinking I should just grab components & replace the tweeter in the sail, or mount the tweeters some other way as the sails aren't placed the best sonically anyways.

Did you use components in yours?

THX!

Back