trick / hack to leave rear view camera on?

wgzn

:
2012 cx-9
is there a way to either trick, hack or simply toggle-on the rear view camera without shifting into reverse?

i very, very rarely use the built in display for anything. since the interface is no more attractive nor usable than my 2005 prius. and i'm as often as not, "blue-tooth-ing" from my iphone. (which handles most things that the display does. but BETTER). i figured a live rear view might at least be handier...

I did this a few times on my 2013 CX-9, it should work for yours. With the radio on hold the power and seek button in the top right. Once in the program screen opens press 92 and then enter. It should then launch the camera. To exit just press the power button on the radio. This was originally posted by Kelseyx in the CX-5 forum.

I did this a few times on my 2013 CX-9, it should work for yours. With the radio on hold the power and seek button in the top right. Once in the program screen opens press 92 and then enter. It should then launch the camera. To exit just press the power button on the radio. This was originally posted by Kelseyx in the CX-5 forum.

THANKS!!!! Gtech, it works !! any other "secret codes" ?

here's a video I made for those interested , will work for 2013 -2015 , not sure for other previous years,

kinda cool driving down the highway and I can see rear view on the LCD monitor,

might also come in handy when there's heavy traffic and make sure lane is clear

to exit the hack mode, you need to press Power button which brings you back to the "Failure Analysis" screen,

then press Power button again which restarts radio and goes back to normal operation.

Last edited:
On the North American models it does. Isn't '15 CX-5 in Europe basically the same as a '16 in NA with the new Infotainment system?

Yes, certainly! The MZD system is basically the same, but entering "92" yields FM Radio check (dBm levels etc.), which I would assume the US use also?

Maybe other members from Canada, the UK or any other European state could clarify.

Last edited:
Back