GhostBandit's 02 Pro5 Build

GhostBandit

:
Mazda Protege5
Hey guys, thought I'd share my Protege5 here with everyone. My dad traded a Jeep project for it and gave it to me for my first car. It has the FS-ZE engine and auto trans swap. The struts were worn out, so we replaced them with KYB struts. We also replaced the rotors with Hart drilled and slotted rotors. All that was about a year-and-a-half ago, and the car has been great so far. The paint was starting to fade though and the clear coat was peeling pretty bad on the rear bumper, spoiler, and side skirts. I decided to fix all the dents and dings in the body and re-spray the whole car back in March. I wanted a carbon fiber hood but couldn't afford one, so I watched a YouTube video and painted a faux carbon fiber design on the hood. Here's some pics of the car when I first got it and the progress up to now. I'll be sure to upload more when I get the chance, and after I get it buffed and waxed.

cE291sT.jpg

3uTgaRX.jpg

YJIsM4y.jpg

Frn8ner.jpg

WwFA2HM.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm i never really thought of painting faux cf on fullscale lol.. i might have to do that to cover up some bulls*** i have on my front splitter, ie, hairs....

welcome to the club and nice job so far!

Long overdue update. Not a lot has changed I did finally get around to buffing and polishing. I also plasti-dipped my wheels black, but I have since gotten new wheels and tires just haven't put them on yet. I painted the brake calipers red as well. Had a custom vinyl decal made for the rear doors, but other than that nothing major.

YOGWwlJ.jpg

sGVc5k7.jpg

S4ClOvq.jpg

jl2IDvd.jpg

New Wheels
SkCqBXI.jpg

Back