Boost problems, please help a noob

Queenofthehwy

:
2011 Mazdaspeed 3
I just bought my 2011 speed3 a month ago I absolutely love it. I am new to turbos and all of my previous vehicles have been Jeeps so I really don't know much. Im trying to read and learn as much as I can, but it's a lot to take in. So here I am...

A few days ago I noticed that I didn't get much boost in first gear, I could get full boost in 2nd and 3rd but it won't hold it. This is definitely a new issue, it was fine up until now. I had good boost in first and full boost in second and third, it's like it cuts in and out. There is no smoke, it runs and idles fine, no backfires no unusual sounds, just boost issues. My son has been trying to help figure it out too. We checked all the hoses and clamps and built a boost leak detector and couldn't find any leaks. I don't have an AP so I don't know what else to do at this point. Maybe clean and lubricate the bpv? I don't know if that would even make a difference.

I would really appreciate any help and advice.

2011 speed3 tech package it has a SRI and a CBE. It has a tune on it but the previous owner took the AP.

You need to get an AP and see what is going on. Also, do you know if the car has upgraded high pressure fuel pump internals ?

Back