Update navigation maps using Mazda toolbox on 2016 CX-5

Topjack

:
2015 Mazda6 GT
Today I installed new maps from the Mazda toolbox and now wonder if I in fact have the latest version. Is there a way of determining what version I have, or what the newest version is? One other odd thing I noticed, which was after navigating to States and then to my State of Pennsylvania I noticed the speed limit signs that were listed were way off as if they were in Metric. I took the car for a test run and the speed showing on the navigation screen showed the correct values.Can anyone else from USA look into their State and see if the speed signs show the weird values as mine or the real ones pertaining to their State.

The toolbox will only offer map updates if there is one.

I checked in February and no update was available, last one for the UK was around November, updates I believe are twice a year.
Speed signs are often incorrect or not even shown in the UK.

I actually think as poor as it was, the tom tom was a better nav.

Last edited:
The 2016 CX5 is my wife's car and I don't drive it often enough to ever understand the navigation unit. I was able to down load a map update yesterday but unlike my TomTom, when I put the SD card back in the CX5 the unit never gave any indication of being updated. I just want to be sure I did the update correctly. Without knowing the before version or the after version it leaves me clueless.

I haven't found an easy way to be notified of a navigation update without actually taking the card out and checking on your computer. Wish I would get e-mailed when updates were avaiable.

Back