Updating Gracenote

WHM

:
2016 CX 5 Touring
Seemed like most of the threads about updating Gracenote are more than a year old so I though I'd start a new thread with my question....

Have a 2016 CX-5 Touring (no Bose) and am in the US. Followed a link I found about updating gracenote that took me to the Mazda Connect site and a link to a file, downloaded to a USB flash drive, and went through the steps in the car. When searching, it said it could not find an update. It did not list the updates as described in the Mazda instructions. Went back on to the computer and searched again for the connect website to try downloading the file again. It was then that I realized that I apparently was on a different regional page and even though the Mazda Connect page looked exactly the same as the previous one, this link was taking me to a file called cmu-NA-021115.up (which I assumed was "North America") whereas the previous one was cmu-ADR-021115. Mazda really needs to do a better job on it's websites and make it much more clear what regional page you are on, especially if the links take you to files that are actually different. For example why not just have a dropdown asking you where you are located so it can lead you to the correct file, rather than having to figure out whether the page you are on (that all look exactly the same) is for your region and determining if you maybe have the correct page based on an assumption of some letters in a file name after following a link.

Anyway downloaded this "NA" file and the car recognizes it. It says the car has version .04 and the version on the USB drive is .05.... do I want to install it, with the install or cancel button options. HOWEVER, at the bottom of the text and just above the cancel/install buttons it says "System Not Fully Available" What does that mean? I am afraid to install it now because I don't want to end up with less info than I already have. I had waited for the system to boot, so I don't think it was trying to tell me the head unit was not done booting. Don't know if it would have installed or not because I hit cancel after reading that text. The first file I downloaded "ADR" was 421 MB, while the "NA" file was only 261 MB (and posts from 2014 were saying the proper file at that time was only 18 MB).

Anyone know whether I should try and install this update?

Back