My projects I am trying

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
My 1st. project PRIORITY 1 = status: started
Hacking into my forward sensing camera to capture the video feed and route it to a recording mechanism looping itself to start when reaches the max SD card size. Goal: integrated dash-cam.
My 2nd. project. PRIORITY 3 = status: debating
In that same unit, enable some type of GPS tracking with a SIM card. Ability to use the same to make the emergency 911 if required. I found an unit which can send a engine shut down command but no idea where and how to connect it.
My 3rd project PRIORITY 2 = status: coding
Ultrasound sensors are out - as it'll create havoc with the in-built sensors. Electromagnetic sensor driven front parking sensors. I know they aren't that great as ultrasound but will do. The catch here is NOT to have any on-off switch. I want to use a Pico board, connected to a speed sensor and program it to activate under 12 mph automatically.
My 4th. project PRIORITY 4 = status: waiting for others to complete
UK versions of CX5 have driver alert feature. Somehow car detects driver's drowsy, etc. and starts beeping, etc. I want to figure out how it's being done and then program a PICO board to buzz using own set of sensors, etc.

Those sound like some gnarly projects. I hope you succeed as I'd like to see that work. I've always thought it'd be cool to have side view cameras that display blind spots on screen when turn signals are used. I'm lazy sometimes and don't want to turn my head.
Post some pics if you get things working.

Those sound like some gnarly projects. I hope you succeed as I'd like to see that work. I've always thought it'd be cool to have side view cameras that display blind spots on screen when turn signals are used. I'm lazy sometimes and don't want to turn my head.
Post some pics if you get things working.

That is 1 thing I loved in RAV4 - 360 surround. the 2 cameras are located underside of the side mirrors. The back cover of the side mirror easily comes apart and I know how to plug-in 2 cameras. The problem is routing the video into the integrated screen.
Originally, my plan was to get to the cable sending the rear-view camera input. Plug into it. It seems the Infotainment system is overridden with this signal as soon as it comes on. So, basically this is what will happen: you switch your turn signal (left/right). The camera gets activated - sends video feed into the cable. The Infotainment system detects it and immediately starts showing it.
All good? No! The darn 3-flash system screwed it all up. Doesn't work and blew a fuse when I flicked the turn signal for a 3-flash.

Latest posts

Back