Updated Navigation - Now Car says I don't have Navigation

Dee0121

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
Okay so I pulled the Navigation card this evening and updated the maps via my Mac. After downloading and installing, I removed the card and put it back in the car. Started the car up, selected Navigation and the screen says my vehicle isn't equipped with Navigation! I've taken it out and re-inserted it several time, still tells me the vehicle has no Navigation. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Did you make a backup before the update?
Did you format the card? If so, format it again (but do a backup first!) to a safe default, like FAT32.
Is the card still readable through your Mac? Does the directory listing look right to you?

Did you make a backup before the update?
Did you format the card? If so, format it again (but do a backup first!) to a safe default, like FAT32.
Is the card still readable through your Mac? Does the directory listing look right to you?

First, no I did not make a backup. Every time I tried to do one, it would 'disconnect from the server'. After several tries I stupidly skipped that. Regretting it now of course.

Second, I was not prompted to 'format the card', where would I have done that? I went through the Mazda Toolkit as the manual told me. Followed the directions.

Third, yes I can view the card through my Mac. I can see multiple directories loaded with files. But I am not 100% sure what I'd expect to see to be honest.

Wait...you mean to tell me that the NAV is really as simple as a f***ing SD card?! WOW

My wouldn't let me update until I did the back up. I would start over and see if you can back up and reload everything. Looks like something got F'ed up when updating.

Not sure if you have Tomtom as your navi system but something like that happened to me which I ended up solving myself as the stealership could not figure it out and wanted to change my SD card reader in the car. It ending up being a bad voice file I downloaded from Tom-tom. First I backed up the card including the bad file then formatted the SD card and reinstall all the original Tom-tom files then all the others I knew were good. Then made sure the card worked and was read in the car then made that the backup copy replacing the previous one with the bad file stores before.

Try that see it it helps

My wouldn't let me update until I did the back up. I would start over and see if you can back up and reload everything. Looks like something got F'ed up when updating.

Sorry for taking so long to reply - working long hours :-( So I decided to try see if it ToolKit would let me update it again, and surprisingly it did. I ran it back through another download and update, without the backup again (I didn't want to backup the update that didn't work!). Tried it in my vehicle again this morning and the Navigation is back!

The only thing I can think that might have caused the issue with the first download/install was all the issues I was having with the messages that said it kept disconnecting from the Mazda server.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies, but it looks like I'm good to go. Funny though, I had called Mazda regarding this (after posting my thread) and they told me my card must be corrupted and that I need to take it into my dealer. They didn't even try to troubleshoot. I'm glad I didn't do that, as the my dealer is two hours away!

Happy to hear this is resolved for you!

Make a backup now! You don't need the update utility, just do it directly through the OS. Copy the files, including any hidden files, if any, to folder on your system.

Make a backup now! You don't need the update utility, just do it directly through the OS. Copy the files, including any hidden files, if any, to folder on your system.

Excellent idea! I'll do that now, thanks!

If you back up in tool box it gives you the option of restore later on.
Each back up creates another dated copy, so you have the option although unlikely of restoring from a previous backup if required.

I've made a back up card using restore and use it in the car, original is spare.

Yesterday I had the same problem. I updated my maps few days ago and one time it's said I didn't have nav install. I just restart the car and I get the nav. Weird.

2016 GT

Back