Intermittent keyless lock problem

CrystalblueGT

:
Mazda CX-5
Brand new CX-5 and occasionally when I go to lock the car with the door handle push button, it beeps like I have left the keys in the vehicle,when they are with me outside the car. It works fine if i take the remote out of my pants and use the remote instead of the door handle push button. Before I take it back to the dealer, I was just wondering if there is an easy solution to this. It just seems to get reversed the signal for the key being inside the vehicle, vs. being outside the car.

After you have opened the door to get out, push the button on the arm rest inside the door to lock the car. This is what I do.

Odd that you mention this, as mine just did this a couple of times to me this past weekend while loading stuff in it for donation. It didn't happen before nor since, other than when expected, so I assume it was just a transitory interference of some sort from either the signal being blocked by or interference from something or my positioning. Not sure if pertinent, but it happened when the fob was in my left pocket and the one furthest away from the vehicle at the time, and I typically keep my keys in the right pocket which would be facing the car when I unlock the driver's side.

Back