2011 Mazda2 fuel door lever not working properly and unable to remove cover

Rachel1234

:
2011 Mazda 2 Touring
Hello All,

I have combed the internet in search of guidance with this issue but have failed to find information to help me navigate the molding set-up in my car...

The lever at my feet, used to open the gas cover door, takes a frightening amount of force to raise. At this time I am still able to open the gas door but I am afraid it will snap! In my research it seems that, at best, all that is needed is a little WD-40 applied in the working parts of that lever and/or at the other end of the cable accessed from within the truck/car - Simple right? The trouble that I am having is that I can not figure out how to remove the plastic molding covering the drivers-side inside of the trunk or the plastic cover for the lever on the floor by my feet. I've watched videos and read articles for many other cars (even other Mazdas) and it all seems straightforward enough until I look at my car. It seems that latches/bolts/push-screws have all been hidden and I am afraid to really pry at things as I wouldn't want to break the plastic.

Does anyone here have experience with this situation? Have you been able to access these areas of the car successfully? What am I missing???

Thank you all very much in advance!

- Rachel

Wow - this is great! Thanks Shaun!!

Would you happen to have the schematic showing the secret to removing the panels in the trunk to access the fuel lid opener cable as well? Of course, this is assuming that is how one would access it...

Thanks again though - this is awesome!

- Rachel

Rachel....

Struggling to find the bit in the service manual, will keep looking... but this is from the EPC...

But not sure on the routing of the pull cord .....

Shaun....

Hmmm Yep that looks like the trunk of the car and looks like it will be just the thing needed to remove those panels. Hopefully the cord will be visible without more work after the panel is removed?? *fingers crossed*

Thank you again very much!!

- Rachel

I saw a you tube video on how to remove trunk panels under "shock absorber changing". It seems the upper part of the shock is underneath all these panels.

Back