Questions for buying used Mazda 3 2004

persiano

:
Honda Civic 2001 1.6
Hello there good people. I am currently a 2003 Civic owner with 146k on the clock, 1.6 Manual. I am thinking of upgrading to a 2004 Mazda 3 with 92k on the clock 1.6 Automatic. Located in Finland and prices are a bit on the high side.(the numbers give are Kilometers so divide by 1.6 for miles )

If I pay 2,000 $ roughly, I get to upgrade to this lovely car. I drove it and the only thing I saw noticed was that the wheel vibrates while breaking, the seller said he will change the front break discs as it is the root cause of it. Car had no issues with transmission, but my main concerns are:

1. How reliable are these gearboxes for daily drive ? No enthusiastic driving and nothing over 100km/h and very civilized. Car has been serviced regularly at dealers since new

2. I am a music enthusiast and would like to install my active subwoofer on this , and maybe aftermarket double din , is that even possible?

Please let me know also if there are any specific point I should look for.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

What a coincidence - one of my coworkers recently moved to Finland.
Yes, changing the rotors and pads will most likely solve the pulsating brake pedal. Ask the owner to have the brake fluid replaced, as well.
Mazda's auto transmissions have been very reliable as long they are serviced according to Mazda's recommendations. You ask the owner if the fluid had been changed. The type of driving (city driving, in particular) can warrant more frequent fluid changes. I like to replace the power steering fluid and coolant every 5 years or so.
My 89 MX6 GT's auto trans had 160,000 miles on it when it was sold. The transmission was still in great condition at the time. My daughter's Protg has 112,000 miles on its odometer and the trans is in perfect shape. I drain and fill the fluid every 2-3 years.

For stereo fitment questions, I go to www.crutchfield.com. They are the experts when it comes to fitments, installation instructions, and lifetime tech help.

What a coincidence - one of my coworkers recently moved to Finland.
Yes, changing the rotors and pads will most likely solve the pulsating brake pedal. Ask the owner to have the brake fluid replaced, as well.
Mazda's auto transmissions have been very reliable as long they are serviced according to Mazda's recommendations. You ask the owner if the fluid had been changed. The type of driving (city driving, in particular) can warrant more frequent fluid changes. I like to replace the power steering fluid and coolant every 5 years or so.
My 89 MX6 GT's auto trans had 160,000 miles on it when it was sold. The transmission was still in great condition at the time. My daughter's Protg has 112,000 miles on its odometer and the trans is in perfect shape. I drain and fill the fluid every 2-3 years.

For stereo fitment questions, I go to www.crutchfield.com. They are the experts when it comes to fitments, installation instructions, and lifetime tech help.

Fantastic ... I will check it out tomorrow... Thank you for the info and the help so much ... and the site is kick A$$ , I will definitely look into it

1. How reliable are these gearboxes for daily drive ? No enthusiastic driving and nothing over 100km/h and very civilized. Car has been serviced regularly at dealers since new

- They are very reliable as long as its well maintained.

2. I am a music enthusiast and would like to install my active subwoofer on this , and maybe aftermarket double din , is that even possible?

- http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123666592-Double-Din!!

Back