Which oil filter to upgrade to - M2 2010 1.5

thebigted

:
Mazda 2 Sport 1.5 2010
Hi guys,
I am intending on upgrading my oil filter in my 2010 1.5 petrol M2 and am wanting to know which is the best one to go for. I am looking at the K&N HP-1002 or the HP-1008 filters but am unsure if they both fit. If so which one would be better to use and if you have a suggestion for another brand that would also be appreciated.

I've used Purolator(basic white), Purolator PureOne, Fram ToughGaurd, and currently running a Fram Ultra(which is highly regarded as one of the best on www.bobistheoilguy.com).

All of them returned the exact same insoluble content 0.1%. (All but Fram Ultra, I have not had a sample tested with it yet)

These cars are incredibly easy on oil, the truth is it doesn't matter much. I'm running the Fram Ultra right now for two 5000mi oil change intervals and will test it again and see.

All samples with 0W20 Pennzoil Platinum.

I did these primarily to monitor silicon levels after the intake install to make sure it didn't get out of hand. Also I was planning on switching to something like Redline or Amsoil... But honestly it'd be a giant waste of money from my observations. Cheap Pennzoil Platinum protects it's very well. Current run is Castrol Edge 0W20 just to try something different. It'll probably get tested in 2-3 months.

Good to hear about your testing with the PureOne. Been running that since I changed the factory fill. All of my online research pointed to it being a great filter plus I like the grippy coating for ease of installation/removal.

Back