Mazda of the Month Overhaul Ideas

Antoine

Administrator
Awesome!

I support the idea of the original themeless MOTM. And also, I think the MOTM section was always kind of confusing and hard to find for alot of the newer members. Just like this thread, I never would have seen it without your pm. I think MOTM needs a big, bold, quickly recognizable section of its own at the top of the list of forums. And maybe a nomination system, so we can push those we deem worthy into running. I dunno, but I'm glad its open for discussion.

Themeless seems like a good idea at first glance. But I feel like a lot of mad rides will fall by the wayside in leu of nicer, more modified ones. The themes was a good idea, but maybe make it a little more accessible for people like myself who drive older, not as heavily modified Mazdas. I'm sure we as a community will figure out what we want, but I like the themes due to how they limit entry so it's not a sea of cars to sift through.

I'd like to see it continue in any form. It's just something unique about this community.

Maybe just a General vote to see what people want to have as the theme. Or... do a nominations thread. People can nominate other peoples rides and MOTM, but the entered vehicle can't have won in the past 6 months or something to qualify. Then from the nominations we let people vote for the winner.

I like the idea of going back to the old themeless version of MOTM. This might be taboo, but a lot of guys have abandoned the forum in favor of the various facebook groups. If there's a 247 facebook presence that might be the better venue for MOTM, or at least use FB to promote MOTM. This could be a good way to bring some traffic back over here and might inject some life back into the forum. Maybe create a group called "Mazda of the Month presented by mazdas247.com"

I like the Facebook idea...any way to also link it with Twitter...more venues would bring more participants I think. Even a simple invite on each forum with the winner of last month and a link to mazda247 to review this month's choices.

First of all, great ideas everyone! Thanks for posting them...As usual I've got a lot on my plate so I haven't had much time to spend on the MOTM but I haven't forgotten!

I've got related news that might help to promote the MOTM and M247, I've rejoined facebook for that purpose and that purpose only. I had an account but deleted it years ago because I didn't have any use for fb but now it might prove to be a useful tool to help spread the word about the MOTM and M247. I have been using instagram @Mazdas247 for a while and I believe it has been an effective promotional tool.

Perhaps the MOTM would be more suited for "social media"...Are you guys saying have the MOTM on fb for example and use it to promote the community and direct traffic back here..? What about having the MOTM on instagram? Let's definitely explore these ideas...Please keep posting ideas and suggestions...I will read them and respond as soon as I can...Thanks again!

Back