Need Help:- Change - Manuel Climate Control to Automatic Climate Control Panal

aman1033

:
Mazda CX-5 Toruning 2013
Hi,
I have Mazda CX- 5 2013 Touring and I have Manuel Climate Control Panel , I want to change with Automatic climate control Panel, I searched on YouTube and google, but unable to find any topic or any help.

Now Mazdas247 is my last hope :(

Any Help, Any suggestion

What good would changing the panel do if you don't have the auto-system that it controls?!

I have this Climate Control in my car

2013-mazda-cx-5-touring-awd-climate-controls-photo-493244-s-1280x782.jpg

want to change with automatic climate control

2014-Mazda-CX-5-Grand-Touring-climate-controls.jpg

Well in theory you can do it if you're willing to spend a lot of money. You basically need to replace the whole AC/heater unit as yours is mechanical but automatic climate system is electronic controlled. You might be better off getting another CX-5 with automatic climate system.

Unfortunately it is virtually unfeasible, If I recall, the wiring harnesses are also different between the Manual and AUTO climate systems.

As yrwei52 stated previously:

Easiest way to accomplish what you want is to just sell your current one, and upgrade your entire vehicle to the Grand Touring model.(cabpatch)

2nd easiest is to find a wrecked Grand Touring, and remove the vehicles wiring harness, HVAC System, and the Control Panel, and install into yours. (couch)

Personally I do not think you should feel like you are missing out on much...

Personally I do not think you should feel like you are missing out on much...
Totally agree. I never use "Auto" mode on our automatic climate control, and always use it like a manual control.

I can't comment on the CX-5's climate control, but in any other vehicle I either owned or rented never was the climate control system "smart enough" such that I didn't have to muck with the controls.

You know, I have Dual aircon and while the ability to have different temps is great, the 'auto' function is useless.

Sometimes I wish it was a manual dual.
Because sometimes I set it to 23degrees and the computer keeps trying to adjust it so I can feel slight changes of temperature.
I just want it to blow air at a constant temperature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I have Dual aircon and while the ability to have different temps is great, the 'auto' function is useless.

Sometimes I wish it was a manual dual.
Because sometimes I set it to 23degrees and the computer keeps trying to adjust it so I can feel slight changes of temperature.
I just want it to blow air at a constant temperature

(lol)
It is clearly over-engineered.

Bringing this question up to date for new KF model. New CX-5 has semi-manual A/C. Manual A/C is electronicaly controled and looks like main unit is the same for both types. There is no AA/C control unit and probably some sensors are missing. Do anyone know if it is possible just to buy control unit, sensors, new panel, make some coding and make it working?

I have this Climate Control in my car

2013-mazda-cx-5-touring-awd-climate-controls-photo-493244-s-1280x782.jpg

want to change with automatic climate control

2014-Mazda-CX-5-Grand-Touring-climate-controls.jpg

I have the same one you have. I'd assume, and it looks like others are confirming it, that you'd need a lot more work/parts replaced than just simply the control panel.

Looking at the button differences, it looks like what you are really asking for is seat warmers and dual climate and a control panel won't do that by itself.

Back