Any interest in auto to manual swap thread?

HA-Y-N

:
2003 mazda protege lx
So I recently totalled my 5 speed 03 sedan in a front end collision but it still runs and drives. Today ill be picking up an automatic 02 sedan and within the next couple weeks I will be doing a auto to manual conversion. Just wandering if you guys would like.to see a write up with pics. I dont know of anyone who has done it and made a how to. Most guys say "dont waste your money just buy a manual" but that is just nonsense. Ive got the parts and the know how so im gonna do it at a fraction of the cost of buying a manual. Just let me know if you guys want a write up and sub forum I should pit it in

Well theres no turning back now. Just got the 02 lx and just got it home. I looked at the two cars and so far the wiring looks to be the only problem ill run into. Im gonna start working on it tomorrow and will try to document everything as good as I can. Auto to manual swap thread coming soon!!!

Very interested in this thread. My 2001 is starting to kick the bucket. But just down the street, is a 2002 es automatic... but... it only has 40,000! And is in amazing condition. However, now that i drive stick i dont want to go back to automatic. Is it just the tranny that i would need from my 2001? Or would i need the engine aswell? Obviously i want this 02 because of its super low KMs on the motor. I would think, i only need the tran. I dony have the know how for something like this, how much would it cost to be done in a shop?

Very interested in this thread. My 2001 is starting to kick the bucket. But just down the street, is a 2002 es automatic... but... it only has 40,000! And is in amazing condition. However, now that i drive stick i dont want to go back to automatic. Is it just the tranny that i would need from my 2001? Or would i need the engine aswell? Obviously i want this 02 because of its super low KMs on the motor. I would think, i only need the tran. I dony have the know how for something like this, how much would it cost to be done in a shop?

it depends man. if your 2001 has a 2.0l, it should bolt on directly. but if you don't have the 2.0 engine, you're gonna need the engine too. unless you can find a bellhousing adapter that lets you mount a 2001 non 2.0 transmission onto a 2.0 engine.

Back