Proper How-to's

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
Will people please stop asking how do.... in this section. The point of a HOW-TO is to share with other people HOW TO do something. Did you do something to your car that others might do as well? Take pictures, document the process and do a through write up on the subject explaining to other HOW-TO do it as well.

If you have a question about something like How do I rotate my tires, or how do I change my oil, ask those questions in the section that is for those topics, wheels, tires and brakes and engine and transmission. If you are unsure where to ask you question or it involves things that could fit into different categories ask it in the general forum lounge.

Please stop filling the How-To section with questions of How do I... it makes it harder to actually find the real how-to's

Thanks!

P.S. Maybe the moderators could monitor this a bit more.

So then this post doesn't belong here either. If someone asks "How to" do something and someone replies with "how to" do it then wouldn't that technically belong in the "How to" section? There's no need to split hairs on the rules. Also if someone asks it's because they'd like to see their topic discussed. If you don't want to read something you don't have to. People who think they are Post Police or something are annoying. It's funny that you completely disobeyed the forum rules by trying to enforce the forum rules. Good one!

So then this post doesn't belong here either. If someone asks "How to" do something and someone replies with "how to" do it then wouldn't that technically belong in the "How to" section? There's no need to split hairs on the rules. Also if someone asks it's because they'd like to see their topic discussed. If you don't want to read something you don't have to. People who think they are Post Police or something are annoying. It's funny that you completely disobeyed the forum rules by trying to enforce the forum rules. Good one!

Can somebody post a How-to to stop people from commenting in the How-to section about people not posting a proper How-to but posting a question to the How-to section that should be posted in another forum that isn't the How-to forum.

Can somebody post a How-to to stop people from commenting in the How-to section about people not posting a proper How-to but posting a question to the How-to section that should be posted in another forum that isn't the How-to forum.

What he said. This has been covered many times here. It ain't gonna change.

Says the person commenting in the How-to section...

Again with someone complaining about something but doing it themselves.

Maybe it's the rules and people who struggle to follow them that need to change. Just an idea...

I'm going to start a post on "How-to get over something and let it go."

Y'all totally missed it. The OP did post a How-To. How-To properly post a How-To in this section. And I agree with every word said.

Y'all totally missed it. The OP did post a How-To. How-To properly post a How-To in this section. And I agree with every word said.

Exactly! Thank you! I did not ask "How to properly post a how to?" I explained or gave a "how-to" on How to post a How to.

I really don't care if you decide to ask a question in this section or not, but I think most people don't understand the point of the How-To section and feel there questions would be better answered and the discussion about their questions be better debated in the proper section that their questions relate to. You'll get more of a discussion on tire rotation, if you're asking how it's done, in the wheel and tires section, then posting the question in the How to section. Once you've had your question answered, write-up a proper how-to so that someone else may be able to find it and learn from it, preventing them from asking the same or similar question as you originally had. This is not a hard concept.

If someone asks "How to" do something and someone replies with "how to" do it then wouldn't that technically belong in the "How to" section?

No, that would not belong here, the How-to section is not for asking questions, its for providing the answer to common questions that people might have on a certain topic so that they don't have to ask the question in the first place.

(deadhorse
(lurk)

I knew there was a reason I love to lurk around this forum.

Perhaps, this forum section should be renamed HOW-TO's REVEALED.

This issue is being addressed, sticky added, and in process of cleaning this section up.

Back