Remote Tuning - Dynotronics - Experience???

Cossamaximus

:
Mazda 2
Hello all...

Would like some input.

Dynotronics remote tune...for Mazda 2.

Worth it or not?
General turn around time?
Want input from people who have actually gone through the process themselves.

Loads of people when this was first offered up to them by Dynotronics were really interested. But can't find their experiences if they actually went ahead with it or not.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Ive used them for my Mazdaspeed 3 tune back in 2011-2012 but not for the 2 yet. I do know he was keeping up with me on Harris Hill here in TX with his tuned 2...lol, was embarassing yet impressive.

Hey Tim,

If you are still considering a ECU / Dynotronics tune, you can read about my initial impressions here in this post:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...iews-reports&p=6406331&viewfull=1#post6406331

The impressions were from the very first tune, and I'd say that with the subsequent tunes, the engine characteristics have changed a bit. The data logging from that initial tune was showing the engine knocking quite a bit, and Joe has been subsequently working with me to refine that. I never brought the car out to any engine dynos, or performed any before/after measurements (other than the required datalogging for ECU tune revisions), but my butt dyno and my general in-car experience suggests that the subsequent tunes are smoother, milder, and has a less jumpy throttle. What I can confirm, however, is that the subsequent tunes are definitely knocking way less often, and by smaller amounts (as shown by the ECU data logs).

Last edited:
Back