Blew my engine on my P5

ApolloP5

:
Mazda Protege5
About a week ago I blew my engine going about 60 at 5,500K it sucks because Ive pulled the engine but now I don't know if I want to swap in something else or get another 2.0 FS9. Last engine was stock, I use the car for rally. but now im not sure if I wanna go with another FS9 and do forged internals or something like that along with a turbocharger.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1461620049505.jpg
    FB_IMG_1461620049505.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 247
  • FB_IMG_1461620052596.jpg
    FB_IMG_1461620052596.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 227
  • FB_IMG_1461620096618.jpg
    FB_IMG_1461620096618.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 241
turbo fsde is by far the simplest solution there is. lots of support for it. kl is an option, but far less support. unless you really have to be different it seems a simple decision.

Sorry to hear about the engine. Valk, wouldn't a straight FS swap be cheaper? It's definitely not as cool, but is it better to turbo the engine and install it or install an FS and save up for a turbo?

Sorry to hear about the engine. Valk, wouldn't a straight FS swap be cheaper? It's definitely not as cool, but is it better to turbo the engine and install it or install an FS and save up for a turbo?

I don't know I just kinda want something new. I do like the FS9 engine, Especially how it sounds on open headers. but im not sure.

To do turbo properly you should plan for it by buildig a block outside the car. But lots and lots of people bolt a turbo system onto a stock motor.
Tons and tons of information and build threads around here and rhe msp section. Get to reading.

Obv just getting a motorfrom a parts car is cheapest though lol.

That's what I was thinking, But I did see a new engine for sale with 0 miles for $1,800. Here's the deal I use the car for rally driving and im not too good at it yet. I got advice from a geezer he told me avoid the big brake kits, avoid the forced induction because braking and torque wont mean scrap on gravel if you don't have the right set up or skill. I like how the car handles now, I was considering getting a turbocharger off of a Subaru forester and just making my own flange adapter the turbo is quite bigger than the stock mazda speed turbocharger. but im not sure. im gonna have to look around and think.

You should look at some upgrades whatever you do. Maybe a doc b oil setup will save you engines.

I was considering doing True Quad straights out the sides (two on each side) right before the front wheel. I just hope it doesn't get too hot in the drivers or passenger area.

Address why your engine blew up before adding silly things

It threw a rod im just considering so when I do get the new engine I can do everything in one shot

I was thinking making a custom piece to secure them in place.

-Sorry for the late reply, Been busy.

Im assuming either bad cast manufacturing Or maybe just pushed the car a little too hard, or the oil pump went out, However it doesn't seem like there are signs of failure of lubrication.

Back