Mazda CX5 2014 aftermarket rear camera problems

bonhomme

:
mazda 3
Hello, tried to power the camera with 12 volts from the reverse light, when i put the car in reverse the radio dont see the camera (think the signal from start up camera is not fast engough) , so if i connect the 12volts at a source withs is powered on startup of the car AND then put it in reverse the camera screen works. Nice i think , BUT when i put it out of reverse gear the screen switch to navi or radio NOT to the sensors screen! The sensors still work (beep beep) but not on the screen. When i start the car with no camera connected the sensor screen works normal.

Has someone a solution for this problem.

Thanks Marc

With the sensor screen i mean this : its the screen that pops up when you get out of reverse gear like this :

No one with problems for seeing this "sensor screen" after the installation of a backup camera?
Or does the american cx5 does not have this screen at all?
Thanks marc

I have the same problem, my 12V is coming from the reverse light but when I put the gear in R the screen does not come up with the camera screen. I found a method to put in on and that is in service Menu setting 92 when the car is running then go out of the service menu. Then the camera works as long as the motor stays on, when it stops and I start the motor again the screen is lost again and the sensor screen comes up. I only want the camera screen to work???

If it helps, I understand that the backup camera is 6V, not 12V, and you need a simple converter to power it properly.

Back