2011 rear hatch manually opening

furballs

:
2011 CX9 AWD GT
I can't figure out if my hatches manual latch is tweaked or acting per spec.

Using power open, either from key fob or dashboard switch, all is well.

But it seems that if I unlock doors with fob, then try hatch, the manual latch doesn't work. I can pull all I want and hatch doesn't open. If, though, I use the request button on the hatch to unlock, then pull handle, it usually opens.

This seems different than when we bought it a few months ago. Anyone have similar experience?

I can't figure out if my hatches manual latch is tweaked or acting per spec.

Using power open, either from key fob or dashboard switch, all is well.

But it seems that if I unlock doors with fob, then try hatch, the manual latch doesn't work. I can pull all I want and hatch doesn't open. If, though, I use the request button on the hatch to unlock, then pull handle, it usually opens.

This seems different than when we bought it a few months ago. Anyone have similar experience?

The hatch lid is normally LOCKED

Did you press "UNLOCK" twice on the fob ? pressing only once will not release the latch, must hit the fob UNLOCK bottom twice

Another way is the "UNLOCK" switch by the driver's door,

and the third way is the like you mentioned already, the hatch request button.

The hatch lid is normally LOCKED

Did you press "UNLOCK" twice on the fob ? pressing only once will not release the latch, must hit the fob UNLOCK bottom twice.
This is what I was wondering. The tailgate request button works the same way as the passenger door--press and all doors and hatch unlock.

Another way is the "UNLOCK" switch by the driver's door.
Correct, but you would need to press the driver door request button 2x also.

Yeah, I've thought of that. I have tried all the methods mentioned. For example, press drivers door button twice, see if passenger door opens, (OK), try hatch (no go).

I'll see if I can get this checked into under extended warranty.

To close off this thread, took it in yesterday. It's a defective switch in the latch handle. Extended warranty is covering it.

Back