CD player goosed?

angelboy

:
Mazda 5
My Mazda 5 CD player is stuck flashing "disc out".

The radio works OK though.

I pressed the cd button and nothing happened for ages so I tried to eject the disc, thinking it might be dirty. It would eject, just kept saying disc out, so I left it. The next morning the disc had ejected but it still kept saying disc out. I didn't drive the car for a few days, got in this morning and the battery was flat. Don't know if this is all connected. There's no sound at all when the engine is off and the key is out so a flat battery is a head scratcher?

When I turn the key I hear a quick "wisz-wisz" sound, same when I turn the key off. Doesnt matter if the unit is on or off. Even when the unit is off but the key is on the screen still says disc out.

Haven't tried disconnecting the battery.

Any ideas, can't find anything on the Internet. I'll happily leave it Broken but if it is draining the battery then this is gonna cause me a hole load of problems.

F***ing old crappy cars!!!! Nightmare!

Might be time for a new stereo unit.

I just replaced the factory stereo/dash/ac control assembly in my wife's Honda with another factory unit found on eBay for $150.00. There were cheaper ones available but they were really ratty.

My battery died again - was fine this morning. I took off the connections completely from the terminal and it looks like it's done the trick. I didn't want to do it originally in case the unit asked for a code. Done that before on another motor and had to get it recoded. Anyway, didn't ask for a code. Lost my settings, but who cares, not a big deal. CD player seems to be working. Let's see if the better keeps charged!!!

Back