Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 256 to 267 of 267

Thread: 225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

  1. #256
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,911
    YES! I absolutely LOVED my CrossContact LX20's. I got over 50K miles out of them, they were well behaved in any situation (snow, etc. even with 2/32 left they made it up my 27% grade hill covered in snow!) and I just loved them. So sad they didn't offer them in 225/55/19. But now...

    V rated
    Symmetrical tread
    25.6# weight
    has a sound absorption layer
    Builds technologically on a tire I already have an excellent experience with.

    https://www.continentaltire.com/prod...555-r-19-99v/?
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ssContact+LX25

    This has answered my "what tire to use" query!
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 07-10-2019 at 02:59 AM.

  2. #257
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    8,196

    Arrow 225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    YES! I absolutely LOVED my CrossContact LX20's. I got over 50K miles out of them, they were well behaved in any situation (snow, etc. even with 2/32 left they made it up my 27% grade hill covered in snow!) and I just loved them. So sad they didn't offer them in 225/55/19. But now...

    V rated
    Symmetrical tread
    25.6# weight
    has a sound absorption layer
    Builds technologically on a tire I already have an excellent experience with.

    https://www.continentaltire.com/prod...555-r-19-99v/?
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ssContact+LX25

    This has answered my "what tire to use" query!
    I believe you're referring to Continental CrossContact™ LX25, which should be a good choice based on specs and "740 A A" UTQG. $194.99 each at TireRack indicates its price is on higher side for 225/55R19.

  3. #258
    Resident Curmudgeon brillo54's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Soul Red/Parchment

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    446
    Good find Unob. The LX25's look like a serious contender for me when it's time to replace the mediocre Toyo's. It's a very new tire, so no "expert" reviews yet but since it's the 2nd generation of a very good tire it seems very promising.

  4. #259
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,911
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    I believe you're referring to Continental CrossContact* LX25, which should be a good choice based on specs and "740 A A" UTQG. $194.99 each at TireRack indicates its price is on higher side for 225/55R19.
    The LX20 was exceptional. The TrueContact Tour tests and reviews amazingly, as did the LX20. This LX25 should, unless Mr. Murphy seriously intervenes, be amazing.

    $70 rebate through the end of Aug 31. Should be in stock in 2 to 3 weeks. Per Facebook comms with Continental.

  5. #260
    Registered Member

    CX-5

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    4
    A question about Milestar tires that I can't find addressed on this site at all: Amazon currently has their MS932 225/55R19 99V tire for $90 a pop (looking at <$500 for 4 of them installed), all with pretty good reviews from the limited amount I can find online.

    Given they're not mentioned here at all, does anyone have experience using them?

  6. #261
    Registered Member Moonlighter's Avatar

    CX5 Akera 2.2 Diesel

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Redlands, Qld, Australia
    Posts
    435
    Unob...

    In post #254, are you taking about the Continental Premium Contact 6 that I detailed, or do we have crossed wires? I have no idea why you mentioned tyres fitted as OEM in this context.

    Your later reply (not sure to whom that was addressed) re the Conti Cross contact LX25 in the same 19* size was effusive in its praise, so again seems at odds with your reply to me??

    The ContiPremium Contact 6*s I can get here look to have a uni-directional tread pattern as can be seen on this link, so do appear to be a different tyre to the LX25*s.

    Our weather here doesnt include snow, so no doubt the tyre models here differ due to that and thus less emphasis on the All Season aspect. Its mid-winter now and today it was 20C but tonight will be terribly chilly as it will get down to 8C brrrrr haha!

    We are more concerned with the asphalt melting in the sun during summer than the 1:100000000 chance of snow LOL!

    https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyres/co...co2255519cpc6v


    We get a choice of 2 Continental tyres in the correct 225/55/19 sixe, the other is slightly less expensive:

    https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyres/co...2255519uc6suvv
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-18-2019 at 07:04 AM.

  7. #262
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    8,196

    Arrow 225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

    Quote Originally Posted by blackadder01 View Post
    A question about Milestar tires that I can't find addressed on this site at all: Amazon currently has their MS932 225/55R19 99V tire for $90 a pop (looking at <$500 for 4 of them installed), all with pretty good reviews from the limited amount I can find online.

    Given they're not mentioned here at all, does anyone have experience using them?
    Apparently there’s no one here has tried Milestar MS932 225/55R19 99V tire. “Milestar tires are manufactured by Nankang Rubber Tire Corporation and distributed in North America by TIRECO.” While Nankang is a famous domestic tire manufacture in Taiwan, its international sales are going through local distributors.

    For much cheaper 225/55R19 tires which are having very good reviews, there’s Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tire which is also available on Amazon. Between the two I’m a little concerned about the lack of detailed specifications on Milestar MS932 225/55R19 99V tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post

    Thanks to nice find and 8,000-mile mostly winter road condition ride experience by Badgerbass on Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tire, I asked the rep if DT can get this tire even though I'd asked the same question before to a different rep and he said they can't. But this time he made some extra effort and found the source which DT can order Radar tires from, Omnisource. By going through Discount Tire ordering this tire, I can enjoy lifetime tire rotation*balancing*and puncture repair nation-wide, not to mention DT usually can match online price. Currently this Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tire sells for $84.44 each with free shipping at WalMart.com, which is less than half of the prices from most other tires with same size!

    Another tire option for 19" wheels




    Attachment 220669

  8. #263
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Unob...

    In post #254, are you taking about the Continental Premium Contact 6 that I detailed, or do we have crossed wires? I have no idea why you mentioned tyres fitted as OEM in this context.

    Your later reply (not sure to whom that was addressed) re the Conti Cross contact LX25 in the same 19* size was effusive in its praise, so again seems at odds with your reply to me??

    The ContiPremium Contact 6*s I can get here look to have a uni-directional tread pattern as can be seen on this link, so do appear to be a different tyre to the LX25*s.

    Our weather here doesnt include snow, so no doubt the tyre models here differ due to that and thus less emphasis on the All Season aspect. Its mid-winter now and today it was 20C but tonight will be terribly chilly as it will get down to 8C brrrrr haha!

    We are more concerned with the asphalt melting in the sun during summer than the 1:100000000 chance of snow LOL!

    https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyres/co...co2255519cpc6v


    We get a choice of 2 Continental tyres in the correct 225/55/19 sixe, the other is slightly less expensive:

    https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyres/co...2255519uc6suvv
    I must have gotten confused. I did more research and it looks like a pretty good tire:
    https://www.continental-tires.com/ca...remiumcontact6

  9. #264
    Registered Member

    '15 CX5 GT

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    15
    I bought the Conti cross contract lx25's thanks to this thread and wanted to confirm that they are indeed awesome tires. Had them for almost a month now, and they are great wet or dry. Ice gotten up to my personal comfort limit and the tires were rock solid with no hint of being pushed too far. I have dedicated snow tires, so won't get a chance to push them in that situation.

  10. #265
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,911
    Quote Originally Posted by mech_e View Post
    I bought the Conti cross contract lx25's thanks to this thread and wanted to confirm that they are indeed awesome tires. Had them for almost a month now, and they are great wet or dry. Ice gotten up to my personal comfort limit and the tires were rock solid with no hint of being pushed too far. I have dedicated snow tires, so won't get a chance to push them in that situation.
    I just put them on yesterday. I have only driven them in dry weather. So far my cornering speeds are up 10% over A36s, with no drama or loss of traction, where the A36s would start to slide 10% ago. Dunno where the limit is with these, but suffice to say they make a notable functional improvement in both feel and absolute limits.

    Can you expound on how they do in cold weather? I'd like to know more about ice and snow, and what you've had before and how they compare etc.

  11. #266
    Registered Member

    '15 CX5 GT

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    15
    It's not cold here yet, so can't expand there. I run Firestone Winterforce mounted to Mazdaspeed 3 rims in the winter, so probably won't get a good feeling for their snow/cold capability.

  12. #267
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5 2015 FWD GT

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    47
    Getting following prices for tires I picked for my CX-5:

    Yoko Geolandar G055 $618.75 + taxes (~685) - Mazda offer
    Michelin - Premier LTX $828.92 + taxes (~$900) - Costco
    Yoko YK740 GTX $849.00 + taxes (~$920) - DT
    CONTI CROSSCONTACT LX25 $887 + taxes (~$960) - TR

    Does it make sense to spend ~$220 to get GTX/LTX over G055?
    My highest preference is safety, so best braking traction, and then handling and comfort.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Similar Threads

  1. Mazda 5 rear seat table (picnic table)
    By Javieabbru in forum Mazda5 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2016, 03:30 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 07:28 AM
  3. Bumper Pool Table/Poker Table/Dinner Table
    By BKJT05 in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 12:54 PM
  4. Tire Comparison
    By sm76 in forum Pics & Builds
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 09:42 AM
  5. Which tire would you choose?
    By BlueWolfCry in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •