davesxx01 build thread

What do you mean by, you are only half way through the tune? This is not done ones and you are over with?

What do you mean by, you are only half way through the tune? This is not done ones and you are over with?

He (OV Tuned) offers both canned and custom tunes. I'm going with custom tune. I have to do data logs and send them to him, he adjusts things to my requests, sends out another tune! I run it a while and do the same thing over. Takes about 4 or 5 times to get it perfect to my car/fuel/specs.

We (Unobtainium and I) cannot make a certain statement one way or the other as to the power gain. As stated, I wish we had more daylight time to compare cars. A dig run and a 40-whatever run would quell all doubts about the tune.
Sadly, not enough time for either.
I feel there is more power/torque all across the range.
Can I prove it ? No. But I feel it!

When I head back down there in a couple months I'll have both tunes finalized and we will do side by side runs!

Exactly. Not quantifiable based on the test drive.

Ok folks, looks like I'm trading my CX-5 in for my favorite car! Found a excellent Audi S4 so I'm stripping off my goodies and putting them up for sale.
It's been fun and will most likely be back again someday.
Selling my strut bar, Intake with shield, RB muffler and a almost new set of Toyo Celsius CUV tires.
BTW: Took intake off today and flashed back to stock tune,,, WOW! Feels like a slug now.

Last edited:
Check with OVT. At one time they were buying back unneeded taxtrix cables.

How much of a depreciation hit did you take? Guess it doesn't matter if you're a baller.

How much for the muffler?

Dave - did you have to fight for $24k? I just checked KBB and it says mine is down to about $20-22k and I only have 22,600 miles on my 2016.

(notcool)

$24k seems like a decent offer for a 16 when the dealers are deeply discounting brand new 2016.5's GT's to only one or two thousand more than that and Tourings to one to two below that.

Anyone Know if you can buy the taxtix cable/ecu update adapter anywhere else other than from orange virus? I believe the cost goes up a bit if you get the tuning kit with vs. the kit without the cable.

Last edited:
You can try finding a used one on ebay or something but you are still going to have to have it tied to your ecu. I wouldn't risk in case you get a rep which could cause a problem during flashing

Back