Sirius XM Question

Z06Trev

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
When listening to Sirius XM in my CX-5, the artist and song are shown, but there is also a blank square on the display. My Dodge Durango has a similar square which is used to show the album art when listening to Sirius XM.

Am I supposed to be getting album art when listening to Sirius XM in my CX-5?

When listening to Sirius XM in my CX-5, the artist and song are shown, but there is also a blank square on the display. My Dodge Durango has a similar square which is used to show the album art when listening to Sirius XM.

Am I supposed to be getting album art when listening to Sirius XM in my CX-5?

I don't believe Sirius/XM transmits that data. They have enough trouble transmitting the actual song. You're lucky to get the song name and artist.

Same here. My other car (Sonata) shows the station logo in place of the album art on XM. It also shows the extended description, whereas my Mazda only shows the first 16 or so characters. When you first change the channel in the Sonata you see the short 16 character description, and a second or two later the rest of the info appears. I was hoping it would be the same on my CX-5, but it doesn't sound like it supports it.

Yep. I wish they would fix the XM display cut-off issue. All other sources look great.

My son in law has a 2016 CIVIC and it does show album art; my 2016.5 CX-5 does not. I will survive. (band2)

Back