All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 To Be Previewed At Novembers Los Angeles Auto Show?

Any idea about when 2017 is coming? Imo, unless it comes by December, I don't see how they can sell 2016.x model in 2017...

All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 To Be Previewed At Novembers Los Angeles Auto Show?

Any idea about when 2017 is coming? Imo, unless it comes by December, I don't see how they can sell 2016.x model in 2017...
Most likely the new 2017 CX-5 will be coming to the US market in late spring or early summer of 2017. Mazda did the same thing for its new CX-9, just came out in late May 2016 as a 2016 model year.

Last edited:
It wasn't the first year it was released but I was waiting for the 2.5l engine in the 2014, that was April 2013 when I got mine.

I read the 2017 models will get new shocks and bushings for the suspension. I thought those changes arrived in MY 2016's?

Does anyone know if there will be a retro-fit kit for existing 2.5L Cx-5? Maybe with a piggy back Greddy e-manage? My '14 only has 10k miles so not interested in trading.

Does anyone know if there will be a retro-fit kit for existing 2.5L Cx-5? Maybe with a piggy back Greddy e-manage? My '14 only has 10k miles so not interested in trading.

Nothing is known at this point - we don't know if the current generation CX-5 will actually get the 2.5T, we don't know if the next generation CX-5 will get the 2.5T, and we don't really even know when the next generation CX-5 will be available (although the current Car & Driver guess is that it'll launch in 2017 as a 2018 model if Mazda's timeline doesn't slip). I'm inclined to think that Mazda won't bother putting engineering effort into the current CX-5 when it's so close to replacement, and I wouldn't bet on the new one launching in 2017 either because Mazda's speculative dates are probably for the Japanese domestic market - North America will probably come later.

I can say in general, though, that I have never seen an engine upgrade kit sold for older models of a consumer-oriented car by the OEM. Even if it's technically feasible, Mazda wouldn't want to provide warranty coverage for whatever messy installation job the dealers can do for something like this. You might get away with retrofitting the turbo from the 2.5t if you go to a third party tuner, but that would void your warranty. The only tuner I've heard of that deals with SkyActive engines is Orange Virus tuning (although I seem to recall that they changed their name recently?). They'd probably be the ones to ask.

Last edited:
Well looks like I'll wait until the new model is revealed before purchasing any CX-5 at this point. Either will pick up a 2016, 2016.5 or 2017/2018 model depending on new features and styling. Prices will only go down from here for older models.

You don't need a piggy back to tune these engines. Mazda edit supports Mitsu (older models) and Denso ECUs. Ecu ECUtek supports Denso with extra features you don't get (arent hexed yet) from mazdaedit. No Retrofit. Different rods, and different head... best bet is to fab up or have somone fab up a low boost (5-7psi) set up and have it tuned for boost. There is no off the shelf turbo manifold for 2.5s right now. There should be one for the 2.0 soon. So that means custom manifold or a remote/mid/up pipe arrangement.

If the turbo engine is an option, you can bet the CX5 with the turbo engine will bring another $3k-$4k to the price tag of the vehicle.

Hmm Turbo. Exciting. I like turbo. But wonder how big the Turbo is.
Can't wait to test it with my old 2.5 CX5 with NA (Naturally Aspirated) Engine.
Which one is the best.

You don't need a piggy back to tune these engines. Mazda edit supports Mitsu (older models) and Denso ECUs. Ecu ECUtek supports Denso with extra features you don't get (arent hexed yet) from mazdaedit. No Retrofit. Different rods, and different head... best bet is to fab up or have somone fab up a low boost (5-7psi) set up and have it tuned for boost. There is no off the shelf turbo manifold for 2.5s right now. There should be one for the 2.0 soon. So that means custom manifold or a remote/mid/up pipe arrangement.

You were right our 2.5L engine doesn't need piggy back.
Just remap your ECU and strip the RPM Limiter (to make you run on more than 6.1K RPM) and you can run more than 230KMH. Trust me it works. (boobs2)
But beware of police then. (five-0)

2018-Mazda-CX-5-Carscoops-10.jpg
That thing looks sweet! Is that the 2017?

It wasn't the first year it was released but I was waiting for the 2.5l engine in the 2014, that was April 2013 when I got mine.

I was considering the CX-5 back when I had a 370Z, but the thing had a 2.0, and ALL the reviews said it sucked. The 2.5 fixed that, but I already had a HEMI powered Jeep. When that played out (broke a lot...), the 2.5L CX-5 was a natural choice. I bought it for cheap ownership, and because it was "adequate". I think the 2.5T motor would be fun, but I'll never trade my appliance in on it. Makes no fiscal sense, considering fiscal sense is why I have the CX-5. If I were in the market for a CX-5 and did not already have a vehicle, though, it would be a great competitor to the other faster CUV's!

mazda-cx-5_100578957_l.jpg

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1106926_mazda-teases-new-cx-5-ahead-of-2016-la-auto-show

Mazda today shared a teaser shot of the new CX-5 crossover SUV it will reveal at the Los Angeles auto show on November 16.

The shot shows a darkly lit silhouette of the next CX-5, which we've already spied in prototype form.

Mazda has shared very little, but says that the vehicle features the next evolution of its "Kodo, Soul of Motion" design language, as well as updated technology.

The CX-5 made its debut for the 2013 model year, so in Mazda tradition this new one should arrive as a 2018 model.

Also scheduled to be on display on the company's stand are a world premier of a Mazda Prototype race car, as well three engines: 2.0- and 2.5-liter naturally aspirated inline-4s and a turbocharged 2.5-liter inline-4. These engines may or may not be updated. So far, the 2.5 turbo has only shown up in the larger, three-row CX-9 crossover SUV, where it produces 250 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque. We're hoping this engine will also be used in the next CX-5, as well as in a potential Mazdaspeed 3, though with even more horsepower.

==============

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda-teases-all-new-cx-5-ahead-of-la-debut-93175.html

Mazda has teased the all-new CX-5 crossover ahead of its official unveiling in Los Angeles.

Confirming details partially obscured in recent spy photos, the darkened teaser image reveals a more dramatic body styling than the current CX-5. The image highlights pronounced character lines and higher fenders, further reinforcing a sportier stance.

The redesign includes a fresh front end, borrowing heavily from the CX-9. Both share similar headlight shapes, thinner than the outgoing CX-5 and paired with subtle foglamps.

"With the all-new CX-5 crossover SUV, Mazda has further refined every element of its design and technology to offer new dimensions of driving pleasure," the company promises. "Taking the KODO--Soul of Motion design concept to a new level, the company has honed the car's beauty, imparting a powerful combination of sophistication and strength."

The current CX-5 offers a choice between Mazda's SkyActiv 2.0- or 2.5-liter four-cylinder engines. The latter delivers 184 horsepower and 185 lb-ft of torque. It is unclear if the company plans to introduce a new powertrain, perhaps borrowing the CX-9's turbocharged 2.5-liter mill with 250 ponies and 310 lb-ft of torque.

Additional details could surface ahead of the 2017 CX-5's November 16 debut.

The current Cx-5 uses just the 2.0- and 2.5-liter naturally aspirated engines, which put out 155 and 184 horsepower, respectively.

What else will be new in the next CX-5? Just like you, we'll have to wait until November 16 to find out.

Teaser shot look sleek. Looks like a bigger version of CX-3. Hopefully interior packaging is not compromised.

Last edited:
Back