All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 To Be Previewed At Novembers Los Angeles Auto Show?

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor

http://www.carlist.my/news/all-new-...eviewed-novembers-los-angeles-auto-show/38147

First introduced in late 2012, the Mazda CX-5 is running close to the tail-end of its lifecycle, which typically lasts for around five to seven years for passenger vehicles. Considering that the new facelifted CX-5 has just been launched not long ago, we are quite surprised to learn that rumours of an all-new CX-5 model, purportedly due in 2017, have begun circulating among Japanese social media groups.

The rumour alleges that a concept model previewing an all-new 2017 Mazda CX-5 will be making its debut at this November’s 2016 Los Angeles Motor Show.

It also claims that the turbocharged SkyActiv-G 2.5T engine that currently powers the recently revealed all-new CX-9 will be joining the CX-5’s range of engines.

Assuming that the unverified sketch of unknown origin is a reliable indicator, the all-new CX-5 will borrow a lot of styling cues first seen in the all-new CX-9, which will go on sale in the USA in later half of 2016. Introduction in other countries have yet to be confirmed.

In terms of dimensions, the rumour claims that the all-new model will more less about the same size the current CX-5.

2017-cx-5_.jpg

Last edited:
The rumour alleges that a concept model previewing an all-new 2017 Mazda CX-5 will be making its debut at this Novembers 2016 Los Angeles Motor Show.

It also claims that the turbocharged SkyActiv-G 2.5T engine that currently powers the recently revealed all-new CX-9 will be joining the CX-5s range of engines.

If the turbo engine is an option, you can bet the CX5 with the turbo engine will bring another $3k-$4k to the price tag of the vehicle.

If the turbo engine is an option, you can bet the CX5 with the turbo engine will bring another $3k-$4k to the price tag of the vehicle.

I'm not so sure on that one. You would think that, but than wouldn't Mazda than be pricing themselves out of the competition? Unless they continue to offer the 2.5L for most models and than offer the turbo as a premium engine upgrade. But several companies are offering turbos in their vehicles and their prices are in line with the current 2.5L cx5 engine.

Totally missed your thread somehow... sorry :-(
This seems further confirming from multiple sources that the 2nd-gen CX-5 is coming with turbo option... :)

Thanks for sharing. I hope it's true. Even if the price goes up $3K - $4K with the turbo option, I think it will be competitive against fully loaded Forester XT (about $36K). Hopefully performance with higher octane gas is on par with XT (ie, 0-60 around mid 6's).

My last 5 cars have all had turbos, present one has two.

Wouldn't buy a car with out one frankly.

November seems kind of late to be introducing 2017 models, unless they're tweaking their real-year/MY calendar... I think 2016's went on sale in summer 2015.

November seems kind of late to be introducing 2017 models, unless they're tweaking their real-year/MY calendar... I think 2016's went on sale in summer 2015.
2016 CX-5 was available at Mazda dealers in February 2015. But all-new 2nd-gen CX-9 will be available in summer 2016 as a 2016 MY. Mazda may be trying to make all model years in sync worldwide as US models are normally introduced later than other regions due to different government regulations.

Thanks for sharing. I hope it's true. Even if the price goes up $3K - $4K with the turbo option, I think it will be competitive against fully loaded Forester XT (about $36K). Hopefully performance with higher octane gas is on par with XT (ie, 0-60 around mid 6's).

if mazda does release a turbo cx-5, I will replace my forester xt with it.

(drive)

Just some speculative details I haven't see in other articles
Yeah, I know. It seems more and more reports talking about a 2nd-gen CX-5 is coming for 2017 MY. And SkyActiv-G 2.5L Turbo is going to be available for it too.

"An output of roughly 270 to 290 horsepower and more than 260 lb-ft of torque should be possible with ease. The old six-speed automatic is expected to be replaced by a new gearbox. This could get up to 10 gear ratios, and it should improve the way the car feels considerably. "

Sounds perfect providing the max torque is delivered at low revs at least 1500 rpm, and the suspension isn't any harder that at present on the 19" wheels.

Latest posts

Back