installing ms3 brakes on a m3

DarkRyder

Contributor
:
11' Mazda 3i Touring
Would there be any mounting issues if I were to get the brakes, rotors, and calipers off of a mazdaspeed 3 and mount them to my mazda 3.

Make sure your wheels are large enough to accommodate the rotors and calipers.

Good to know. I guess I need to start measuring. Thanks. :)

the first gen ones the hatchbacks or 2.3L sedans at least both the speed and regular use same pads (without electronic wear sensors) and rear rotors (so up to 2008) but the front rotor is different it has a wider diameter by 20mm so you would need to check for clearance. if you have a 1st gen 2.3L 3 then this "upgrade" wont really net you much mazda just basically put the best brakes on the s model and beefed up the front rotor slightly to handle the extra from the speed. your better off buying better pads and rotors for a regular 3 if you have a 1st gen car. rock auto sells slotted and drilled rotors with good pads in a set if you are so inclined to use these they performed well on my protege 5 made the brakes feel stronger than oe. slotted and drilled wont be turnable and can warp a little easier.

i currently have autozone brakes on my 3 and theyre great so far. i have the "max" pads on the front which is a strong ceramic formula with their gold rotors and the "gold" pads on the rear (there are 2 options autozone has in gold pads for our car) i got ceramic option i like ceramic pads better than semi mets. and the gold rotors on the rear as well, not only are the gold rotors coated black to prevent rust they also are heavier than regular rotors for these cars and have held up very well for a year with my very spirited driving style. the max pads warped 5 regular rotors on my protege in 4 months but i have had no warpage issues with gold rotors and the brakes are nice and strong with this combo. the pads at autozone have a lifetime warranty the gold rotors are 3 years. the setup from rockauto is only a 12 or 24 or 36 month warranty period on everything cannot remember. lifetime warranty on the pads is nice just buy new ones replace and bring back the old ones for a refund does not matter how worn out the pads are no questions asked. granted i work at autozone so i maybe biased but i am a car nut and honest person and dont like to tell people to buy things i would not put on my own car so i dont. and i highly recommend the gold and max pads and gold rotors as i have them and they have served me very well.

Last edited:
2011 mazda 3 / was going to get sizes for 2011 ms3 to see what i need to have for clearance.

If i had to. Been busy so I haven't had the chance to measure the rims that I have.

Back