What should I paint my chrome vents with?

So I printed CopraSJP's paperwork and plan to get it swapped out, but is there one for the center vents? That one and the chrome around the shifter is what blinds me, not the side vents.

Side vents reflect in side rear mirrors. I don't see one for center

I want to paint my chrome vents. I'm thinking about masking everything in the car and painting with a spray paint. First I would lightly sand them then paint with a matte black spray paint. Are there any recommendations to type of paint I should use?

WHOA?! don't do it !!! you will get black specks EVERYWHERE, including the headliner on top, you will ruin your car, you will be surprised have far paintspray can travel,

my friend parked his car maybe at least 20 feet away from a storefront that was spraypainting their facade, when he came back his car was full of paint specks,

remove the vents or go the vinyl wrap route or go to dealer to ask for black vents

Cant see anything? Oh come on...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

caf8a842fdadc2cb6573e096c52e74cc.jpg

#SoDangerous

#SoDangerous

#Soovercast
#Cometotexas
#Suninyoureyesaswellasreflectingontherearmirrormakingitfreakinghardtolookfrontandback
#Thinkstheworldlivesinovercastweather
#Stoptakingpicswhiledriving,focusondrivinglol

LMAO!!!

We get sunshine occasionally too. I've seen it when it's sunny.
We wear sunglasses.

I've only had my CX for just over a week and never noticed the reflection. But since I read this thread yesterday... now I can't not see it every time I look! LOL May have to get the dealer to change the vents to black when I (eventually) take the car in for service.

I cant afford sunglasses. Lol.
I am going tomorrow will take a printout and show pics.

The reason Mazda gave the bulletin and pushed inventory (2015 garnish grill covers) out - tells me they kind of believed this is a hazard.

Or they just realized a lot of people were complaining about it, so like a good company should do, they got out in front of the problem.
I get it's annoying to some. Just don't agree it is "dangerous". You shouldn't be that reliant on side mirrors. ;)

Back