sad end to my mazda5

hchia29

:
Mazda 5
Sigh, I wreaked my 5 two weeks ago to an accident. On my way home I was cut off by someone turning right in my lane forcing me into a ditch hitting a concrete pipe. Ripping off my oil pan and ripping the engine off the mount totaling my car according to my insurance company. I just had it replaced with a 2014 Transit connect which isn't that bad if you don't consider that the connect doesn't have such a good gas mileage.

noo not another one, this better not be a year of motors getting ripped off there mounts. sorry to hear

I think its noteworthy that an engine mount failure can TOTAL these cars. Mine wasn't surprising at all given its age and mileage, but the OPs car seems much newer. What was the ACV on your car from the insurance company hchia29? Mine was 3100 and some change....

Man... I think it's a curse going on with our 5s. Stay safe everyone.
Sucks to hear about your Mazda, and best of luck with the new ride.

Well, looks like these things happen in runs. Remember a few years ago when people's 5s just randomly caught fire on the road?

Umm I have to look I got 7700 from the insurance company

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you're ok.

Is the $7,700 for a low mileage 2nd gen 5? What is your model year and what was the odometer reading at the time of accident?

Last edited:
yeah I am good, just my pride is hurt. I finish tinting the windows and added a second hand roof rack with family vacation visiting family in Ohio.

Sorry, Mz5black no they only give me 30 bucks for the roof rack. The insurance adjuster was kind enough to let me keep the roof rack and give me the 30 for the roof rack. If anyone wants it let me know its a thule square bar with fix points attachments. I will even throw in the one bike carrier.

Sigh, I wreaked my 5 two weeks ago to an accident. On my way home I was cut off by someone turning right in my lane forcing me into a ditch hitting a concrete pipe. Ripping off my oil pan and ripping the engine off the mount totaling my car according to my insurance company.

That's why I got my 2013 Mazda 5. I totaled my 2006 Toyota Matrix in August 2015.

Glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

Back