fc3s rx7 1991 turbo II 3.7l v6 twin turbo swap

rx7cis

:
rx7 turbo II
hey guys, so i have a 1991 turbo II with a POS engine and no mechanics who can repair it , i live in Portugal and its not exactly a rotary friendly place so unfortunately i have to swap the engine for something else and im planning a swap with a 3.7l v6 from other mazda models but actually a cyclone (FORD) engine , i want to stay with mazda engines , kinda, and this looks like a good choice , but im planning on doing it with the stock gearbox and rear end to keep it as close to original as possible and not have problems with shifter placement and i do like the way that gearbox feels when driving, the car only has 110,000 kilometers, thats 68.000 miles and the gearbox looks perfect , as for the setup i already have a intercooler kit, im using twin garrets gt 28s and a haltech ecu , the wheels are momo racing 17" 245 in the back and 225 in front, if anybody has advice for me i would be thankful,

LS1 is the most common swap. check out Hinson Motorsports or Samberg performance.
https://www.hinsonsupercars.com/s-2-mazda-rx7-fc-86-92.aspx
You gotta call Samberg to ask about parts. Theyre more expensive, but their kit is higher quality.

Those S5 TII's are getting more and more rare though, especially 91s. I'd try to find someone to rebuild it before tearing the soul out of it.
It's worth saving unless it's a rust bucket. :)

LS1 is the most common swap. check out Hinson Motorsports or Samberg performance.
https://www.hinsonsupercars.com/s-2-mazda-rx7-fc-86-92.aspx
You gotta call Samberg to ask about parts. Theyre more expensive, but their kit is higher quality.

Those S5 TII's are getting more and more rare though, especially 91s. I'd try to find someone to rebuild it before tearing the soul out of it.
It's worth saving unless it's a rust bucket. :)

the car is definitely not a rust bucket and i do like the rotary but i live in portugal and cant find any good mechanics for the wankel engines, actually none that i know of , so since i love the car my best choice is a swap and a mazda v6 3.7 with some turbos sounds pretty good to me but still a v8 wouldn't be that bad

2.5l v6 is a good engine but a little more punch would be better , and even more with a more recent engine

Back