Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers..........

Registered Member

2012 Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by jhu8 View Post
    There is evidence actually. Head on over to Mazda 3 revolution. Several members have found AA and Carplay code in the firmware. In fact, each consecutive firmware update has been found to contain more and more AA and Carplay code. So yes, there is evidence of Mazda working on those platforms. But yes, we just don't know when it will be coming. But why would there be code if they weren't working on it. Exactly.
    Actually, that's merely wishful thinking on your part. At best, if the code is legitimate, it's simply circumstantial...no direct link. Why the code would be there in the first place without the implementation of the AA or Carplay makes no sense.

I hope I am proven wrong and AA and Carplay is implemented within the next few years but I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future in NA.

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    "
    Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic has nothing to do with Honda offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in Civic!
    Do you have a link to the review? This is the first I have heard of this, not that I think CR has much credibility in my opinion.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers..........

Quote Originally Posted by blondee_yvr View Post
    Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic has nothing to do with Honda offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in Civic!
    Do you have a link to the review? This is the first I have heard of this, not that I think CR has much credibility in my opinion.
    No, I no longer subscribe Consumer Reports for a long time due to the same reason like you, and we can't access full CR's article online unless you have subscription. I only check the long-term reliability stats in CR whenever I need it. I was quoting Dr Kev's comment earlier and believe that "half baked" Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are still better than nothing. And many other vehicles from Honda are still recommended by CR, and they all have ACP and AA. That's why I used my "common sense" and said featuring "half baked" ACP and AA is not the reason CR dropped Honda Civic from their recommended list for new car purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kev View Post
    Head over to vtec.net and read recent posts in the thread "Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic." Honda has AA and ACP but we might be glad that Mazda is taking a cautious approach. These platforms are great concepts but the reality seems to be (in the words of one of their moderators) "half baked" at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kev View Post
    Try actually reading what I referenced. The infotainment system including the problems with the Apple and Android platforms actually did play into the poor rating. Honda's stupid decision to get rid of a physical volume knob didn't help either.
    Last edited by yrwei52; 11-02-2016 at 12:32 AM.

Registered Member

16 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

Similar response that others been receiving as well as myself. But it seems there still at least working. That combined with the code found in the most recent update gives further hope.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

No, I no longer subscribe Consumer Reports for a long time due to the same reason like you, and we can't access full CU's article online unless you have subscription

What is CU? Did you mean CR?

Registered Member

'09 Pontiac Vibe GT, '16 CX-5 GT Soul Red

No, I no longer subscribe Consumer Reports for a long time due to the same reason like you, and we can't access full CU's article online unless you have subscription. I only check the long-term reliability stats in CU whenever I need it. I was quoting Dr Kev's comment earlier and believe that "half baked" Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are still better than nothing. And many other vehicles from Honda are still recommended by CU, and they all have ACP and AA. That's why I used my "common sense" and said featuring "half baked" ACP and AA is not the reason CU dropped Honda Civic from their recommended list for new car purchasing.
    The redesigned Civic has had reliability issues. I assume that's why CR dropped its recommendation.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ALafya View Post
    What is CU? Did you mean CR?
    Sorry, I should say CR instead of CU. I was thinking Consumer Union apparently at time ⋯

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Liquid Silver; 2011 BMW 328xi

Sorry, I should say CR instead of CU. I was thinking Consumer Union apparently at time ⋯
    I think CU also lowered their view on Honda's

Registered Member

CX-5

FWIW this was the response when I asked Mazda support about Android Auto rollout timelines:

For the second question Android Auto is being planned on getting released with the system. We just do not have a specific date as to when it is coming out with the system. We just know that it will be released with an update on the system you have.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackadder01 View Post
    For the second question Android Auto is being planned on getting released with the system. We just do not have a specific date as to when it is coming out with the system. We just know that it will be released with an update on the system you have.
    Sounds like good news for everyone with the new infotainment!

Registered Member

2012 Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by ALafya View Post
    Sounds like good news for everyone with the new infotainment!
    What do you consider new? Unless I missed it, there is no mention from Mazda on what year and models it will be included and if there will be a fee associated with it

Quote Originally Posted by blackadder01 View Post
    FWIW this was the response when I asked Mazda support about Android Auto rollout timelines:

lol. And what year and model do you have? 2016 CX5, Mazda3, Mazda6, Miata? If you're going to quote Mazda, quote the entire email or letter not just parts of it. We're not mind readers, lol

Registered Member

2016 CX5 GT with Tech pkg

- With Regards
    PMA (CX5-GT with Tech pkg)

Registered Member

16 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by pradeeshma View Post
    Unfortunately not. Mazda has posted for AA for a couple years now. Still nothing. I read somewhere about the control knob giving issues or causing the extra time. Maybe all the interactions are giving them trouble since its not strictly. Also, Mazda has so many car settings tied into its infotainment system that they have to keep working. Not sure how many other vehicles out there function like that. Definitely no excuse for it taking this long but maybe a reason why it is.

Registered Member

[QUOTE=blondee_yvr;6479104]What do you consider new? Unless I missed it, there is no mention from Mazda on what year and models it will be included and if there will be a fee associated with it

The older infotainment found in 2013-2015 models looks like this:

Will most likely not get Android Auto support.

However, the newer MZD Connect infotainment which looks like this:

Might very well get Andorid Auto as a software update, as posted above.
    Last edited by ALafya; 11-03-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda3

Yikes. Is that the CX-5 version? The Mazda3 version (2014 to present) looks like this:

Registered Member

2012 Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by jhu8 View Post
    Unfortunately not. Mazda has posted for AA for a couple years now. Still nothing. I read somewhere about the control knob giving issues or causing the extra time. Maybe all the interactions are giving them trouble since its not strictly. Also, Mazda has so many car settings tied into its infotainment system that they have to keep working. Not sure how many other vehicles out there function like that. Definitely no excuse for it taking this long but maybe a reason why it is.
    That's part of the reason why it's taking so long, but one of the other [many] reasons is Mazda [North America] has been very resistant to implement cutting edge entertainment technologies in their vehicles.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast